HR at Evito Solutions
Views:107 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Factory Manager - FMCG (6-10 yrs)
JOB TITLE : Factory Manager
FUNCTION : Technical
LOCATION : Haridwar
LEVEL : Senior Level
Job purpose: To provide technical leadership in the areas of engineering practices, project management, statutes and EHS for the manufacturing unit and enable a conducive learning environment that stimulates creativity, innovation and continual improvement in the department / unit.
Nature of Position: Head of the Engineering Department in the Unit
Principal accountabilities and responsibilities Lead team to:
- Ensure uninterrupted and cost-effective availability of infrastructure, equipment, utilities & spares for operations.
- Evaluate and implement sustainability technologies (in energy /water conservation, renewable energy, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutes e.g. Factories Inspectorate, environment, electricity and boiler.
- Liaise with external environment for statutory approvals and related processes.
- Ensure identification, design and execution of engineering projects with a view to provide measurable benefit to SBU.
- Ensure timely capital expenditure planning and implementation, as well as monitoring & adherence to budgets.
- Strive to reduce fixed as well as variable costs in the operations by aligning engineering processes.
- Ensure compliance with Environment, Health & Safety norms, guidelines in operations, engineering and projects.
- Develop and leverage vendor/partner eco-system for obtaining quality service at competitive rates.
- Identify, share and drive adoption of 'Best Practices', including showcasing of ITC experience on various forums.
- Liaise with union on departmental issues, and lead related discussions during periodic long-term settlements.
- Identify gaps in skill requirement and collaborate to develop capabilities of own as well as allied-teams
- Develop the Unit plan along with other HODs, ensure resources are focused, in synergy with other departments.
- All applicable statutes w.r.t. factory operations engineering
- Contemporary manufacturing & plant engineering practices
- Principle of operation & design of infrastructure and ancillary equipment, and civil engineering
- Sustainability technologies and renewable energy technologies
- Energy management
- Project management and capital expenditure planning (mid-large sized projects)
- Budgeting and financial acumen
- Environment, Health & Safety standards
- Vendor / Contract Management
- Problem solving and analysis techniques
Education & Experience required:
- Leading Engineering team for FMCG manufacturing setups
- Additionally, past experience in manufacturing is desirable
- Total work-ex; 6 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Qualifying education; B.E. / B. Tech (Mechanical / Electrical) from a Premier Engineering campus
- Additional qualifications in relevant areas (energy / project management/EHS, etc.)