Recruiter at Freelancer
Views:410 Applications:90 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Fashion/Textile Merchandiser - Purchase/Order Management (2-7 yrs)
Candidate should have work experience to work as a merchandiser in China Location.
Duties of Merchandiser :
An merchandiser should follow the below responsibilities :
1. Internal & external communication,
3. Preparing internal order sheets,
4. Accessories & trims in-housing,
5. Preparing purchase orders,
6. Getting approvals on lab dips,
7. Advising and assisting production and quality department,
8. Taking responsibility for inspections,
9. Giving shipping instructions and following shipment.
All the above responsibilities of a garment merchandiser have explained in the following:
1. Internal & external communication:
A merchandiser has to communicate not only with the buyers but also with the others such as suppliers, nominated factory owners, fabric manufacturers etc.
2. Sampling :
It is one of the most important task for all the apparel merchandisers. Here, sample have to developed according to buyers instruction. Different types of sample should be developed here such as proto sample, fit sample, fit sample, photo shoot sample, sales man sample, size set sample etc.
3. Preparing internal order sheets : An apparel merchandiser has to prepare various types of internal order sheets such as costing sheet, booking sheet etc.
4. Accessories & trims in-housing : After confirmation of a garment export order, a garment merchandiser has to book and in-house all kinds of trimmings and accessories according to buyer's instruction.
5. Preparing purchase orders : Different types of purchase orders should be prepared here by the garments merchandiser such as fabric, sewing thread, trimmings and accessories etc.
6. Getting approvals on lab dips : It is the other important task of an apparel merchandiser. At first, lab dip should be done by maintaining buyer's recommendation and submitted by the merchandiser to the buyer for its approval. If it's ok then buyer approved it for running garment production.
7. Advising and assisting production and quality department : A garment merchandiser must have to make good relationship with the garment production and quality department for smooth and fault free production. This also creates a great impact on shipping the product timely.
8. Taking responsibility for inspections : Inspection should be done before shipping the product to the buyer. Here, merchandiser plays a significant role to inspect the product by using strong quality department or third party quality inspector.
9. Giving shipping instructions and following shipment