Field Engineer - Maintenance Services (4-6 yrs)
Department : Wireline Logging
Reports to : Field Service Manager
Location : Kuwait
Role Summary :
- Field engineers carry out research to identify problems and develop appropriate solutions for them.
- Field engineers oversee the maintenance of different types of equipment and infrastructure related to their industry.
- Field engineers test machines that are already installed to check their performance and safety and evaluate whether they meet compliance standards.
- Field engineers maintain reports of their work that are handed to the senior engineer on the project, as well as anyone else related to the project. These reports keep track of progress and any issues that halt progression.
- Apply procedures for the operation of Wireline equipment / tools / techniques in order to ensure quality and cost effective service is provided to each customer
- Continuously receive training to extend their knowledge of services related to formation evaluation, production logging, perforating services, conveyance, imaging, and explosive and radioactive handling / safety procedures
- Acquire and deliver quality log data, maintain safety of personnel and equipment, avoid lost time and enable efficient utilization of resources
- Control quality of our service during all phases of the operation to ensure products of highest quality is delivered to the client
- Keep a running inventory of customer needs / problems and develop action plans to address them
- Manage internal and customer requirements for data quality follow-up and interpretation support
- Generate all internal reports according to product line standards accurately and in a timely manner
- Encourage the HSE culture over the personnel working in the base
- Supervise junior field engineer and operator crews in the preparation of the unit and calibration of equipment
- Adherence to Company policies
- Plan and prepare for well site operations
- Be aware of the costs of doing business and suggest ideas on how to reduce the operations cost base
- Report all failures/incidents/accidents and be the owner of the process until the failure/incident/accident is reviewed and closed
- Perform calibrations and operational check to the equipment and tools.
- Formal Qualifications & Certification
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- 4 to 6 years working experience in similar position