Field Engineer - Telecom Maintenance Operations (5-7 yrs)
Function/Department : Technology/O&M
Job Purpose : To drive for maintenance of NW uptime and service quality of VIL Network.
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities :
- Perform Operation and Maintenance of the network to ensure improvement in Network Availability with specific focus on uptime of Small cells, IBS and FEMTOs. Any node isolations should be fixed.
- VIL Hub Nodes and Site visits to supervise and verify the corrective & preventive maintenance and ensure compliances are at place
- Arranging monthly governance meet with FO & IP partners. Highlighting and track various issues for resolution in a timebound manner. Carrying out site visits and audits to check adherence on various compliance.
- Managing nw cost within the target opex of the circle. Finding ways & means to save cost.
- Supervise and ensure the site renewal activities in timely manner. strengthening the internal processes for bill certification and payments.
- Active involvement in consolidation activities including that of site switch off, dismantling and ISQ deloading
Core Competencies, Knowledge, Experience :
- Team management
- Good understanding of 2G/3G/4G network elements, optical and microwave transport network and inter-working their-off
- Ability to influence Infra providers, Govt. agencies, Local authorities, Telecom Vendors and other third party service/good providers.
- Understanding of operational costs
- Experience >= 5 years in similar profile
- Must have technical / professional Qualifications : BE/B-Tech (E&TC)