Team Leader at Assort Staffing
Views:141 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Fleet Superintendent - Vessel Operations (2-10 yrs)
Opening with one of the leading company for Chennai.
Designation : Fleet Superintendent
Mandatory experience in below :
OIL / Chem experienced As Chief Engineer, (Must have)
Sailing experience (Must Have) :
Shore Experience as FSI handling Oil / Product / Chem Tankers (Must Have) :
(MR & LR2 experience preferred) :
Job Description :
1. Plan, control and execute all activities connected with maintenance, repairs, dry-docking, conversion or modification of assigned vessels. COP 5.3 / 5.4 / 5.5
2. Responsible for PMS, to ensure that the job descriptions and maintenance intervals assigned to all machineries is as per makers manual, and that repairs history / spares consumed are correctly recorded in Shipsure for future reference & insurance claims / audits. Monitoring and ensuring vessels performance in accordance with charter party requirement.
3. Work cooperatively with relevant members of the Fleet Cell to co-ordinate all information required for the preparation of the vessels- running cost budget. Maintain strict control of all aspects of vessel expenditure, ensure vessel expenditure is accrued to vessel accounts, and take appropriate action to bring costs to budget level. Any potential unbudgeted expenditure must be flagged to the Fleet Manager without delay. COP 5.2 / 5.11
4. Monitor vessel performance trends including speed, fuel and lubricating oil consumptions, and implement timely remedial actions where these are outside agreed or expected parameters. COP 5.1
7. In discussion and agreement with the Fleet Manager, prepare a - visitation plan- to gain thorough familiarization of assigned Vessels, equipment, operating parameters & challenges, whilst also ensuring reports are issued detailing vessels general condition, repairs and maintenance, crew performance, safety, environmental protection, remedial actions required. Discuss with Ships- Command the work plan, running costs, spares and stores situation and other issues of concern and report on same. COP 5.10