Manager - Operations at FlytBase Labs Pvt Ltd
Views:1018 Applications:131 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:92
FlytBase - UAV System Engineer - Drones (0-4 yrs)
Location : Pune, India
We are looking for a self motivated and passionate individual, with strong desire to learn and ability to lead. This position is for a Flight Test Engineer, with exposure to building and flying sUAS (RC Multirotors and Fixed wings). See the detailed job description below.
- Plan and execute flight test plans for new software features, electronics, sensors, and payloads.
- Perform hands-on mechanical and electrical integration of new hardware components on the internal fleet of test vehicles for R&D and testing.
- Troubleshoot and debug any components of a drone in the office or in the field. Maintenance of vehicles - keep the fleet ready for flight tests.
- Participate in defining and validating customer workflows and enhancing User experience.
- Coordinate cross-team efforts among FlytBase engineers to resolve issues identified during flight tests.
- Drive collaboration with FlytBase Developer team, Business Development team and Customer Support team to incorporate customer feedback and feature requests into FlytBase's product development cycle.
- Learn about the domain and competitors to propose new drone applications, as well as, improvements in existing applications
- Experience in flight testing and operating/piloting small UAS and/or RC aircraft (both fixed-wing and multirotor systems).
- Experience in using flight-planning and ground control station software.
- Familiarity with UAV platforms, like, Pixhawk, DJI, Ardupilot and PX4.
- Experience in integrating, operating, and tuning autopilots on a variety of unmanned vehicles.
- Basic knowledge of electrical test equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope) and UAS sensors.
- Ability to work hands-on with electro-mechanical systems including assembly, disassembly, testing, troubleshooting.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Good to have :
- RF communications fundamentals.
- Passionate about aerial robots i.e. drones.
- Programming languages and scripting for engineering use (C++, C, MATLAB, Python).
Compensation : As per industry standards.
- Fast-paced Startup culture
- Hacker mode environment
- Great team
- Flexible work hours
- Informal dress code
- Free snacks
What is FlytBase?
FlytBase (flytbase.com) develops intelligent software that leverages reliable, off-the-shelf drone hardware to automate and scale drone deployments for commercial use-cases. The FlytBase platform is hardware-agnostic, has intelligent plugins for autonomy, manages drone fleets via 4G/5G, and uses APIs to integrate into enterprise workflows. FlytBase is a Silicon Valley (California, USA) company and has offices in Pune, India. Widely recognized as a pioneer in the commercial drone ecosystem, FlytBase continues to win awards globally, the most recent one being the - NTT Data Open Innovation Global Champion 2019- award.