Talent Acquisition at General Electric
Views:1412 Applications:278 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
General Electric - Engineer - Accessories (3-6 yrs)
Engineer - Accessories
Business : GE Renewable Energy
Sub-Business : REN HYD-Engineering
Work Location City : Vadodara
About Us :
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Essential Responsibilities :
1) Below activities shall be performed within stipulated time frame for basic & detail engineering.
2) Preparation of Basic engineering document - design memorandum, Flow diagram, sizing calculation and supplier specification of water, oil, air and utility system, for Hydro Power Plant, as follow :
- EOT cranes and handling equipment,
- Cooling water system,
- Drainage and dewatering system,
- HVAC system,( Preferable)
- Fire Protection and Fire detection systems,, ( Preferable)
- Lubricating and insulating oil filtration and handling systems,
- Compressed air systems,
- Passenger Elevator,
- Workshop equipment.
3) Evaluation of vendor offer, Technical meeting with vendor, post order activity like Review and get approval of above system documents and drawings from client.
4) Review of various interfaces with internal client for various inputs/interface requirement & keep the record.
5) Good communication skill in English with written & verbal.
- To deliver on time and in budget with quality work within stipulated time frame.
- Implementation of Lean Engineering system and EHS.
Role Summary/Purpose :
- Allotted work to be perform in define schedules and budgeted manhours.
- Active participation in basic design and detail design activities.
- Standardization and methodology aspects for mechanical engineering.
- Functional reporting to your Mechanical COE leader and operationally to the System Integrator.
- EHS : - Implementation EHS policy & procedures of GE for design aspect.
Qualifications/Requirements : Graduate Mechanical or Process engineer having minimum 3 to 6-year experience.
- He or She should have Engineer graduate with a dynamic professional with nearly 3 to 6 years of good experience in mechanical BOP engineering.
- Design and Engineering of water, oil and utilities of power plant engineering.
- Expertise in basic and detail design engineering practices. Knowledge of AutoCAD, AFT software for pump head and pipe size selection.
Desired Characteristics :
- Behavioural and Technical Skills/Competencies :
- Should have good client interactions for gathering inputs or requirements for the project.
- Should have experience of working on design engineering operations involving Conceptual design, flow diagram and P&ID, layout of system and detail design, etc.
- Should have knowledge of preparing and review of detail working drawings.
- Preparing Bill of Quantities (BOQ) and Technical Specifications.
- Handling Enquiries and floating the Tender Documents.
- Evaluation of technical submittals by Vendor and approval on the same.
- Preparing BOQ for services related enquiries of hydro power plant and Cost Estimation of the Project.
- Should be able to work with more than one projects simultaneously.
- Should follow the company integrity program.
- Should have knowledge about various STD codes of Mechanical systems.
- Should have good knowledge about EHS/safety rules which shall be considered during layout engineering.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.