Talent Acquisition at General Electric
Views:602 Applications:70 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
General Electric - Thermal Design Engineer Specialist - Heat Exchanger Design (10-15 yrs)
Role Summary/Purpose :
- The Heat Exchanger Design & Integration department is globally responsible for the order execution of heat exchangers being integral part of GE's offered CCPP applications (i.e. Condenser, Feedwater & District heater, Feedwater tank with deaerator, Atmospheric drain vessel, CCW cooler).
- Thermal design Engineer will be in-charge of performing the thermal design of HEX products and coordinate the technical design with other disciplines during OTR (execution) and ITO (tendering) phases.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Executing the thermal sizing of products,
- Responsible for the technical content of calculations for thermal equipment sizing, as well as checking documentation and notes sent to clients
- Executing the analytical mechanical calculations (pre-sizing of products) and numerical calculations (vibration calculation)
- Participating to the design (thermal and mechanical) taking into account client specifications and directives, internal guidelines, design instructions, input data and conception rules
- Working in interface with Mechanical engineering team and Manufacturing quality team for design optimization
- Providing proposals for design improvement and cost reduction
- Understand the fundamental physical phenomena and mechanisms and their interactions in/around a power plant heat exchanger
- Define rule based envelopes of key operating parameters for tendering and order execution to make the best usage of the GE heat exchanger technology,
- Reduce variability of design parameters within defined envelopes following a principle of improving competitiveness (e.g. reducing first cost, reducing cost for poor quality etc.),
- Define, issue and maintain a set of frozen design documents (know-how documentation) per product with enough flexibility to provide value to customer,
- Re-define, support development & maintain necessary design tools for all kind of heat exchangers.
- Bachelors/Masters in Mechanical Engineering preferably with specialization in heat transfer & thermodynamics,
- At least 10 years of experience in Power Plant Engineering & 5 years of experience in heat exchanger design / engineering activities,
- Knowledge of heat exchangers, as well in fluid mechanics and thermodynamics, in drawing reading and checking,
- Basic knowledge of pressure vessels codes & mechanical Engineering,
- Readiness to travel for workshop inspections,
- Fluent in English.
Desired Characteristics :
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills,
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams,
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact,
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously,
- Effective problem identification and solution skills,
- Proven analytical and organizational ability,
- Open minded for new and unconventional ideas,
- Ability to learn and to understand quickly,
Band : LPB
Tittle : Thermal Design Engineer Specialist
Job Location : Noida
Open For relocation : Yes
NP : Not more than 60 days
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.