Co-Founder at Mantras2Success.com
Views:1894 Applications:281 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
General Manager - Manufacturing (15-25 yrs)
Job Profile :
Position : GM - MANUFACTURING, engineering division.
Unit : 1+2+4 ( Tooling, TMR, RMR divisions)
Reporting to : Managing Director
Heading Team of (Nos) : 50 Staff + 220 Workers ( all 3 units put together)
Academic Qualification : BE/ B.tech (Mechanical), ME/ M.Tech (Mechanical)
Salary Range : (CTC) Rs. 15 - 18 LACS
Age/Work Experience : 38-48 years
To make and implement short and medium term strategies for continuous growth / improvement in terms of yearly output, productivity, quality levels, cost control and overall culture of the 3 manufacturing units. To help the organization in identifying areas for expanding the business and implementing projects.
1. Responsible for achievement of yearly targets for the 3 units.
2. To achieve highest customer satisfaction levels thru timely deliveries, high quality levels, timely resolution of complaints .
3. Continuous improvement in the product quality levels, Minimizing customer complaints and internal rejections & deviation
- Implementing quality systems like ISO, etc.
- Through process improvements and technological up gradation
- Through continuous training of people
4. Perform the role of a Leader for the team :
- Manage and support recruitment, set KRA's for direct subordinates, monitor overall team's KRA's, conduct performance appraisal, ensure clarity of individual roles through job description, appropriate delegation of responsibility.
- Facilitate the development of subordinates through constant on and off the job learning, job rotation etc.
- Oversee staff motivation levels of the team.
5. Ensure healthy HR environment and smooth labor relations
- Assess scenario on labor relations from time to time and guide HODS and HR.
- Formulate strategies to improve discipline, enhance productivity through day to day actions and long term settlements in consultation with HR.
- Support in managing the industrial relations in the plant.
6. Continuously determine ways to improve overall effectiveness and utilization of the existing plant - machinery and manpower in order to maximize the production at minimal cost.
7. Expose the organization to the latest technologies available worldwide and bringing in the new generation technologies and equipment to keep the organization abreast with international competition and customer requirements
8. Identifying yearly CAPEX requirements & Implementing the same.
9. Making manufacturing expense budget and manpower budget and controlling the expenses within the Budget.
10. Ensure proper up keeping of the plant, machinery and equipment
11. Vendor /sub-contracting Management
12. Ensure the S.H.E (Safety, Health and Environment) standards are maintained as per the norms and statutory requirements.
13. Inter-departmental coordination between works, marketing, materials, D&D, HR and other units.
14. Oversee inventory ( W.I.P, F.G ) management
15. Provide directions and inputs to marketing department in terms of plant capacity and inventory in order to enable them to decide the product mix effectively.
16. Help in development of alternate suppliers for all major stores & consumable items. tooling, TMR,RMR, Slitter tooling, Cold rolling, tube forming, bar milling, shear blades, steel, ss, tube forming rolls
Company Profile :
Established in 1975, The company specializes in manufacturing and marketing of custom built engineered products for processing of metals. The product range includes - slitter tooling, cold rolling mill rolls, tube forming rolls, bar mill tooling, shear blades etc . these are used in steel/ss/nonferrous plants, tube and pipe plants, steel service centers etc. Some major customers - Tata steel, JSW, arcelor-mittal, POSCO, Jindal stainless etc . The company employs around 350 people, has 4 production units ( out of which one is dedicated to plastics & packaging ) . It exports it's products to 60 countries worldwide, has a network of representatives in around 20 countries, works with renowned OEMs in the industry, and even sells to its competitors. It competes with the best in the industry worldwide and enjoys a no 1 position in india in this field.