Recruitment Consultants at TalentEdge Recruitment Consultants
Views:397 Applications:103 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:99
General Manager - Manufacturing - Heavy Engineering (15-20 yrs)
About company :
- Leading Heavy Engineering Company
Job title : General Manager - Manufacturing
Industry : Heavy Engineering
Job location : Rajkot, Gujarat.
Educational qualification : B.E. / B.Tech (Mechanical or Production Engineering) or equivalent
Work experience :
- Around 15 years to 20 years of progressive manufacturing experience, preferably currently having GM or similar role in a manufacturing company OR with at least 15 years of increasing management responsibility in a manufacturing environment specially with Heavy Engineering Industry
- Strong operational experience with the ability to establish and measure KPIs.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven financial acumen.
- Experience in managing continuous improvement projects / manufacturing practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- APICS, CQE, Six sigma or Continuous Improvement credentials preferred
- Possess working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques including: Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Kanban, Visual Management and JIT Lean manufacturing
- Proficient in ERP systems and Microsoft Office
General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the manufacturing facility and has full responsibility for the plant's profitability. The General Manager taking on a hands-on approach to management plans, guides, and directs the plant operations to achieve plant objectives in manufacturing, safety, quality, production output, delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Directs all aspects of the business operations, including productions, purchasing, scheduling, manufacturing, warehousing, SCM, quality assurance, and customer service.
- Control of all operational aspects including; revenue growth, profit, operations & production, quality, plant production development, health & safety, finance and compliance within assigned
- Prepare an annual manufacturing plan and policy guidelines to drive the performance of key result areas on production activities and continuous implementation monitoring.
- Optimally make sure that manufacturing units improve on the standard efficiencies in terms of Machine efficiencies, material yields, labours and overhead costs versus budget.
- Implement a Plant Performance Tracking System which includes the key performance indicators covering manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance, manpower levels and finance.
- Oversee the cost-effective management of all outsourced transportation service in consistence with budgeted levels of costs.
- Develop and nurture a dynamic and competent workforce through a robust performance driven culture.
- Works to ensure that the facility's financial goals are met, including monthly profitability and EBITDA targets.
- Works with the Plant Managers to ensure that the facility's operational activities and tactical actions are executed so that the plant's working capital is properly managed.
- Provides information to various corporate personnel in a timely manner, including daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements and other ad hoc information requests.
- Frequently researches cost savings opportunities, leading and monitoring all progress in capturing savings opportunities.
- Oversees all employee management, while being a champion for safety at the facility.
- Monitors the facility's equipment needs and ensures that the technical team is working to keep the company's equipment and physical facility are properly maintained.
- Understands the technical aspects of the facility's manufacturing processes so as to provide support to departmental personnel.
- Constantly assesses the facility's operational efficiencies and seeks out opportunities to improve processes in an economic manner.
- Implements, drives, and sustains key initiatives that support plant strategic goals.
- Ensures that quality standards are understood and meet acceptable limits in the manufacturing and distribution process.
- Assures that policies and documentation are current and facility is compliant with customer audit requirements.
- Coach and develop staff to build high performing teams. Assigns stretch assignments to further train and enhance staff development.
- Promotes cross training to optimize workforce, ensures functional coverage, reduce labour costs, and supports succession planning.
- Manage and maintain labours and operating costs in accordance with budgets and strategic goals.
- Oversees the hiring and training of facility personnel. Works with Human Resources to seek out ways to motivate and develop employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CTC: Rs 30 lpa to Rs 40 lpa (depends on current CTC, relevant work experience & qualification)