Talent Acquisition - Emerging Market at DH Recruitment Services
Views:287 Applications:42 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
General Manager - Production - Ethanol (15-20 yrs)
Designation : GM Production (Ethanol)
Location : Nigeria
Job Summary :
The General Manager is charged with the responsibility for ensuring that all the goals and objectives set by the Board of Directors for the business is achieved .
Reports to : Board of Directors
Location : Edo State, Nigeria
Qualification and Experience :
- First degree from a reputable tertiary institution with preference in Chemical Engineering and other related disciplines
- A postgraduate degree in business or other relevant disciplines will be an added advantage
- 15 to 20 years post-qualification experience in the Agribusiness sector (Production and Processing/Manufacturing) at with at least 5 years in an Executive or Senior Management capacity.
Competencies and Skills requirements :
- Excellent knowledge of the Agricultural landscape in the West African Region, Her Markets, the underlying competitive dynamic and industry trends that can propel sustainable growth within the Region
- Proven track record in project management and implementation
- Possess Technical skills in Farming, Out-growers, and Feedstock Management
- Ability to address and analyse problems and to develop strategic responses.
- Strong business acumen and ability to identify and convert opportunities.
- Ability to plan strategically and successfully lead growth within an organisation.
- Excellent communication, business presentation, persuasion, and analytical skills.
- Maintains integrity and professional ethics and willing to imbibe a strong governance culture
- Must be hard working and show commitment and self- discipline
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to manage all stakeholders which includes vendors, consultants, technology suppliers etc
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Oversee timely execution of the project as per agreed costs and timelines.
- Collaborate with the Board to define and articulate the company's vision and champion the articulation of strategies and plans for achieving it.
- Coordinate with all technology suppliers, consultant, vendors, designers and contractors and all other stakeholders to deliver on agreed goals and objectives including equipment and other assets
- Ensure the development and implementation of relevant structures (process, people, and systems) to support the achievement of the Company's vision, goals, and objectives.
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of effective marketing and customer engagement strategies to achieve sustainable growth in customer base, market share, sales, and profit.
- Champion the development of policies and strategies for effective financial management ensuring transparency, accountability, and judicious use of resources.
- Coordinate day to day activities of the business and provide leadership to direct reports and the entire staff.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the company's policies, procedures, and processes, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Drive corporate culture through shared vision and team building activities, thus motivating staff to accomplish the business goals and objectives of the company.
- Identify all risks and potential exposures related to the business, carry out risk assessments and ensure that risk response strategies and mitigations are in place to reduce incidence and impact
- Report the activities of the business including status of the projects accurately and comprehensively in a timely manner
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Board of Directors .