Consultant at Confidential
Views:1280 Applications:238 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
General Manager - Project Engineering (20-25 yrs)
Position - General Manager Projects
Reporting to : Vice President Engineering
Location : Chennai
Position objective : To handle projects within agreed scope, meeting cost, schedule and objectives.
- Project Management - Large Projects- Significant experience at a senior level in a PMO Function
- Ability to and experience of providing input to organisational business and budget planning .
- Team management experience with the ability to manage and motive virtual or matrix project teams as well as the PMO .
- Capability to provide timely, accurate and relevant project and portfolio reporting as agreed .- Experience of resource planning against the prioritised portfolio of projects and ability to work with the PMO and business to manage project.
Project Process :
- Selection of project consultants and coordinate for Quotes/Bids, scrutinize and approve drawings & tenders related to projects . Prepare project options, schedule, ascertain requirements, Budget.
- To identify, evaluate, finalize and develop vendors - for PEB, General Builder works, Interiors and execute projects within time and cost parameters.
- Setting up Green Field plant - From Land selection, Statutory approvals to put up plant etc. To conduct Project review meetings for Large Projects at site with Civil and MEP Contractors and exercising mitigation plans to overcome delays.
- Presenting Key risk areas and mitigation plans to Top Management on Large Projects.
- To have close Interaction with Manufacturing, Finance, Purchase and ITS department on related areas with respect to Budgeting / Payments, Cash Flow, Equipment receipt, Implementation, Project Closure etc.
- Managing multiple projects Plant Projects
- Coordinate for summarizing Modernization and Process Improvement projects of plants . Inform plant of Capex approvals and implement activities related to Project closure.
- Plant visits to for progress assessment
- Quality and Safety Quality assurance - Maintain quality standards for incoming materials and work as per International quality systems compliance (like IS / TS 1696, AS9100)
- Develop new products with focus on quality, cost and delivery
- Safety practices and procedures to be enforced at site.
- Cost Saving initiatives
- To device mechanisms and reviews by which costs of projects can be optimized . Qualification: Graduate Engineer in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering .Preference of Recognized Project Management
Experience : Min 20 years of experience, of which 10 years in executing projects (project planning, budgeting, lay out preparation & monitoring) from reputed Project Execution Company
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.