Principal Consultant at Talent Source
Views:276 Applications:30 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
General Manager - Quality Assurance - Chemical Additives (15-20 yrs)
Hiring for leading producer of specialty additives for foods, plastics, rubbers, paints, inks, cosmetics, coatings, textile auxiliaries, lubes and several other specialty applications.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Ensure Quality Standards are met in all aspects. i. e. Raw material quality, Final product quality, packaging quality, systems and processes quality.
- Decide upon the Quality budget every year in discussion with Top Management.
- Plan all department activities as per assigned Budget.
- Manage all Quality assurance & Quality control (inspection) functions as per the guidelines, Standards & relevant quality procedures.
- Review Quality schedules for various units and ensure timely calibration and AMC of equipment.
- Responsible for In-coming, In-process, & Outgoing Quality standards - defining them and adherence to same.
- Ensure that department SOPs are in place.
- Ensure that the necessary certifications & documentations are maintained as per norms.
- Continuously strive to improve product quality in coordination with Sales & Marketing Dept.
- Strive for continual improvement by Quality Problem analysis & solving for internal & external failures. Managing the changes initiated, their effectiveness and appropriate approval through Management of Change (MOC) procedure
- Investigate critical quality failure claims by customers in co-ordination with Marketing Dept.
- Receive daily, weekly & monthly Quality reports and documents for all units.
- Undertake Manpower planning, Selection of efficient personnel, their skill up-gradation & Performance monitoring
- Monitor all documentary requirements for various Audits as per business requirements
People Development :
- Carry out Annual Performance Appraisal of his / her team members as per schedule.
- Identify High Performers within the department and identify their potential and development training needs.
- Establishing quality control budgets
- Quality check systems and AMC and Calibration of equipment
Research & Development :
- Assistance and resource sharing for new product, process and applications development
Sales & Marketing :
- Various customers complaints to be resolved
External Purpose Vendors :
- Understanding quality control mechanisms of different equipment.
- Quality control and checks for raw materials
Educational Qualifications :
- Ph.D. / Post - Graduation in Chemistry
Prior Experience :
- 15 - 20 Years of relevant experience
Domain Knowledge :
- Knowledge of GLP, quality control systems and processes
- Thorough knowledge of latest analytical techniques such as GC, HPLC, IR, NIR, NMR, MS, ICP with interpretation of results and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and laws and their compliances such as FSSAI,
- Knowledge of Oleo chemistry and technical specifications of companies products portfolio.
IT Skills :
- ERP system