General Manager - Sourcing - Manufacturing Firm (12-20 yrs)
We are recruiting for the position of GM Sourcing for a manufacturing company.
Position Reports: to VP
No of Position (s): One
Brief Job Description
- Purpose - manage - procure to pay- processes - achieve cost efficiency, uninterrupted supplies (as per price, schedule, location planned) - support new product introduction - develop new vendors as needed and manage supplier qualification and development
- Strategic Roles - strengthen supply chain infrastructure (vendors, warehouses, transporters, insurers etc) to provide reach competitive advantage to BPD - ensure most cost-effective supply chain operations to provide cost competitive advantage
- Operational Roles (scope 65% imports, largely from China; rest 35% sourced in India from Delhi, Chandigarh, Morvi) Sourcing - work with BU and get updated on likely introduction of new products; - plan and execute tasks across development cycle - (namely, RFQ with approved drawings; coordinate among BU & vendor to first finalize specs and later vist for assessment of vendor's technical & production capability & capacity; prototype development, iterations till acceptance of prototypes; sample supplies; modifications to design basis test marketing feedback; quality plans for reaching reliability; techno-commercial negotiations for long term suplies; formalization of contract) - constantly review performance of recently approved vendors for reliability in supplies and quality - manage contract for ensuring compliance both sides
-Develop new vendors - basis performance of existing vendors, develop new vendors - negotiate with vendors for cost reductions to protect or improve margins; as needed, develop new vendors capable of sustaining their supplies at lower costs - review capability and capacity of existing vendors for supplying enhanced volumes demanded by BU; as needed, develop new vendors - work intimately with vendors for win-win outcomes
- New Product Development - develop a mechanism to observe new product introductions by competition - work with BU and support new product introduction (either through reverse engineering or through ab initio design) - support BU by way of short "time-to-market" at competitive prices
- AOP - develop and lead Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process - in association with BU, develop budgets for cost of supply in line with product mix, location mix, margins planned etc - plan for KPIs reflecting year-on-year reductions in costs needed by business; develop ideas, guide team to achieve these KPIs - coordinate with product management, sales and publish total procurement budget
Demand & Supply Planning :
- Spend Management; Cost Reduction - develop MIS tools for spend analysis (granular details of costs across the chain) - develop benchmarks and drive team to achieve them - conduct periodic reviews of costs of logistics (rentals, transport cost, handling, damages, pilferages, insurance etc) and effect needed short- and long-term corrections
- MIS; Performance Management; Improvements - develop MIS tools for enhanced visibility and monitoring of SCM operations; - monitor inventories and ensure product availability as per SLAs discussed and agreed with Business - drive improvement projects (WMS, RFID or barcoding etc) to optimize SC operations
- Team Management & Development - build a competent team with drive and energy to deliver on KPIs
- Compliance - ensure compliance with laws and regulations regarding transportation and/or warehouse; resolve any legal issues pertaining to transportation/distribution
Brief Profile of Candidate :
- BE; plus MBA; 40-to-45 years of age - the experience of managing vendor development, procurement, logistics (transport & warehousing); preferably experienced in a context of trading and rapid introduction of new products; - should have insights into spend management and should have driven cost reductions for protecting or improving margins.
- What is the Travel time involved in the job per month- - DDM
- 12-to-15 days including a few days overseas
- Specialization required in Qualification: BE (Mechanical); MBA (operations or SCM)
- Total Work Experience (In Years) 17-to-22 years of experience
Description of Relevant experience :
- Should have managed SCM with an annual spend of ~ Rs 300 Crores on sourcing finished products, of which ~ 50% from overseas
- Should have managed entire cycle of development (identification, qualification, contracting) of new vendors in at least 3 overseas countries
- Should have worked with vendors in year-on-year cost reductions either through negotiation or through effecting improvements in their site or both
Preferred: Male candidates.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.