Gensler - Interior Designer (3-8 yrs)
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We- re not just designers. We're tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems.
- Whether you're into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there's something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines - from master planning to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we're refreshing a retailer's brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability, and we believe that a diversity of voices and cultures is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
What You Will Do :
As a Technical Designer you will tap into your boundless creativity to contribute towards the design of unique environments, providing exemplar design knowledge from conception to completion of projects working across all design stages.
- Participate in all project phases, including programming, conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production
- Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators and other vendors to meet overall project objectives
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, plans, elevations, details and sections through to detailed construction drawings
- Utilize hand rendering techniques to communicate design concepts
Your Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in interior design or architecture or equivalent
- 3-7 years of related project experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding graphic presentation and written & verbal communication skills
- Creative, original thinking and technically biased, demonstrated through a strong creative and technical portfolio
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- High communicator and excellent collaborator who thrives on teamwork
- Drive for achieving high quality deliverables
- Proficiency in Revit, BIM 360, AutoCAD is a must. Proficiency in Octane, 3dViz, 3ds Max, Rhino, V-ray is a plus.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and/or SketchUp
- LEED accreditation a plus
Your Design Technology Qualifications :
- Deep knowledge and experience in Autodesk Revit for design authoring, documentation, data extracts and project delivery.
- Experience in collaboration within the BIM context, including cloud-based markups, consultant coordination and clash detection.
- Understanding of the capabilities and application of Information Management tools such as Aconex, Asite, Newforma, etc.
- Experience in strategic planning, setup of BIM projects, and troubleshooting, specifically in the context of Revit and allied workflows.
- Understanding of the interoperability workflows between the various design tools throughout all the stages of a project.
- Familiarity and some experience with Computational Design applications such as Grasshopper and/or Dynamo.
- Deep understanding of and experience in Rhinoceros for design authoring.
- Deep understanding of Real-Time Visualization development within the context of BIM, specifically in the use of Enscape and/or Twinmotion with Revit and Rhino.
- Familiarity with Performance Design software such as Autodesk Insight, Sefaira, Diva, and/or Ladybug tools.
- Working knowledge in the use of VR walkthroughs and panoramas for client presentations, consultant coordination and internal design reviews.
- Please include a portfolio/work samples along with your resume.
- Candidates who do not meet the criteria, or provide work samples will not be considered.
Life at Gensler :
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to - Well-being Week,- our offices reflect our teams- diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer profit sharing and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.