Geologist Expert - Mining (2-5 yrs)
Job Description :
The Geologist will evaluate and generate prospects within areas of responsibility and recommend appropriate company action to management. The candidate will work with Texas based multi-disciplinary team of geoscience, engineering, and land. The candidate will be expected to develop and maintain key contacts within the US oil and gas industry as a potential source of new opportunities and partnerships.
Main Responsibilities & Activities :
- Subsurface mapping of structure, stratigraphy, hydrocarbon saturation, geochemistry, & producing potential of operated and non-operated acreage which will be used to assemble the drilling schedule and AFE election decisions
- Develop growth opportunities through exploration
- Asset evaluations for acquisition and divestment
- Develop and execute petrophysical models to refine interpretation of producing potential and OOIP
- Prospect evaluation work to validate pre-existing interpretations and play concepts as well as creating new interpretations (i.e. depositional environment models, type logs, structure maps, isopach maps, cross sections, qualitative well log/mud log/core analysis, annotated bubble maps, etc.)
- Manage and coordinate geological well site geosteering and mudlogging for horizontal drilling program
Other details :
Department: Geology Mining
Industry: Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Skills: logging mining autocad drilling geology
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.