Geotechnical Engineer (5-10 yrs)
- Leading a lean geotechnical team to develop an instantaneous & makeshift SOP
- Primarily assigned to Develop a prefab foundation that can be built and deployed along with our structure rapidly.
- Interprets ground investigation data and performs analytical studies
- Selects foundation systems for Modular structures and evaluates foundation bearing capacity and settlements for prefab foundations.
- Create project deliverables such as technical proposals, cost estimates and engineering reports and additional deliverables like daily communication as part of the design process.
- Manage and execute geotechnical and construction materials testing projects safely, on schedule, and under budget.
- Prepare engineering calculations and analyses related to material, embankments, shallow and deep foundations, settlement, soil and rock slope stability, and retaining walls as required by site requirements.
- Participate in an extensive array of geotechnical engineering studies and designs, such as slope stability assessments, seismic evaluations, shallow and deep foundation designs, ground improvement designs, excavation and shoring evaluations, and other complex technical evaluations.
- Perform field duties, including subsurface testing, soil and bedrock research and foundation design and construction projects. This may involve inspection of test borings, monitoring the construction of deep and shallow foundations, and ground improvements.
- Traditional or computer-aided technical equipment may be used to do calculations (e.g., slope stability, excavation support, settlement).
- Provides input to drawings for earthwork and foundation and has the capability to write Geo-technical design reports independently. Performs the duties of a resident geotechnical engineer on a project site and provides technical assistance.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of Pile /Plate load test interpretation report.
- Reviews bid analysis and makes recommendations, Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust,communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
- Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertaining to the Geotechnical engineering discipline.
- UG - Bachelors in Civil Engineering ME/M.Tech - Geotechnical /Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering with work experience of 4-6 years.
- Candidate should have exposure to Indian, US, Euro and other foreign codes/standards and practices.
- Proficiency in the use of software such as LPILE, SHAFT, DYNAPILE, GRLWEAP, SLOPE, etc. is desirable. Experience in interpretation of geotechnical data & reports and coordination with civil/structural engineers is essential
- First principle thinking-based problem-solving capability.
- Working outside in all weather conditions in challenging and sometimes distant field settings, Capability to travel vast distances and sometimes stay overnight.
- Subsurface exploration and instrumentation expertise, including different drilling techniques, dug test pits, geophysics, and installation and monitoring of inclinometers and groundwater transducers
- A degree in civil or geological engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university with geotechnical engineering coursework, Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certification, or the capacity to achieve EIT Certification within six months.
- Strong written and vocal communication skills; strong attention to detail; great analytical, multitasking, and judgment skills; ability to operate alone and in a collaborative atmosphere.
- Education and training in foundation engineering, slope stability, and seismic assessment assessments may lead to practical technological solutions