Glentec - Design Engineer - Power Plant/Oil & Gas Refinery Systems (0-5 yrs)
Design Engineers for Power Plant and Oil & Gas refinery Systems.
Job Summary :
- Participate and aid in the Design & Development, and Detail engineering solutions to meet end user's needs with supervision and provide Engineering deliverables in all phases.
- Proficient in creating 3D Models and 2D engineering definitions.
- Works with engineering management, project engineering, design engineers or machine designers to create accurate 3D Models and 2D drawings, assembly drawings or illustrations that are neat and well laid out.
- Major and critical dimensioning (GD&T) will be used when applicable and correct tolerance and cost will be considered when detailing. Details will follow established methods and be accomplished in a timely manner.
- Facilitate project flow involving regular contact with cross-functional team members.
- Understands the tools, standard procedures, methodologies, and available software to perform the job responsibilities.
- Maintains flexibility and cooperation in completion of all miscellaneous tasks (cross sections, qualification measurement, database load, print room organization, manuals, print making and copying, or any activity associated with the development and documentation)
- Checks drawings for completeness and accuracy
- Provide clear engineering information to Project Leaders and the Global Engineering team through PowerPoint and graphical tools. Data must be presented in a manner that facilitates effective decisions.
Desirable : Evaluate product design relative to material selection, cost and reliability. Deliver complete data analysis to support design recommendations.
Tool Used : Proficient in UG NX (11.0 and above) and Teamcenter
Work scope Area : Power Plant and Oil & Gas refinery Systems, Machinery foundations, Mechanical purchaser interface connection, Gas Turbine/Steam Turbine/Refinery process Accessory outline, Rundown tank general arrangement, Run down tank construction drawing, Assembly and locking of Gear box, Compressor, Walkways on base plate, Isometric piping drawing, Supports for piping, General Arrangement of piping and many more systems
Education & Experience Requirements :
- Experience ; 0 to 5 years relevant experience
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Computer skills needed ; Unigraphics (NX11.0 and above).
- Experience with Stack-ups (Linear / Non-Linear) preferred.
- Continuously developing Mechanical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of Power generation equipment- s, Oil & Gas equipments, Engineering materials, mechanical properties and an understanding of the manufacturing processes associated with these materials.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Location : Bangalore
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.