Glentec - NX Unigraphics Modeler - Gas Turbine Domain (2-5 yrs)
Job Description :
- Participate and aid in the development of design solutions to meet our end user's needs.
- Take a product from concept through production with supervision and provide Engineering deliverables in all phases.
- Facilitate project flow involving regular contact with manufacturing and other cross-functional team members.
- Provide clear engineering information to Project Leaders and the Global Engineering team through PowerPoint and graphical tools.
- Data must be presented in a manner that facilitates effective decisions.
- Work with Senior Engineers to gain the aptitude and experience working to establish appropriate specifications and delivering conforming products.
- Evaluate product design relative to material selection, cost and reliability.
- Deliver complete data analysis to support design recommendations.
Tool Used : UG NX (8.0 and above) and Teamcenter
Work scope Area : Power Plant Accessory Systems
- Machinery foundation loads and notes, Mechanical purchaser connection, Mineral lube oil console outline, Rundown tank general arrangement, Run down tank construction drawing, Assembly and locking gear box, Assembly and locking drawing for electric motor, Walkways on base plate, Centrifugal compressor base plate, Isometric piping drawing, Supports for piping, GA piping
Education and Experience Requirements :
- Experience : 2 to 6 years relevant experience in oil and Gas, Steam turbine domain
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Computer skills needed include Unigraphics (NX8.5) and similar 3D CAD package.
- Experience with Stack-ups (Linear/Non-Linear) preferred.
- Continuously developing Mechanical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of engineering materials, mechanical properties and an understanding of the manufacturing processes associated with these materials.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- High interest in tools of the trades.
- Strong oral and written communication skills