Director at C Network
Views:733 Applications:121 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Global Leader/Head - Design & Optics - Automobile (13-25 yrs)
Seeking a strong R&D leader to join our team as the Global Manager - Displays & Optics who will lead global team of display and optical applications engineers delivering full-service display, illumination, and optical design solutions to customer program teams.
- The displays and optics applications engineering team are typically supporting 100+ programs and pursuits at any given time.
- The position requires interface with leadership across the organization, including other engineering teams, purchasing, quality, and program delivery
- Be a Part of the Technology Revolution
- There has never been a more exciting time to be part of an automotive technology company . No industry offers more fast-paced change and opportunity than today's automotive industry.
- We are in the midst of a mobility revolution that will completely change the way we interact with our vehicles, reduce the number of car accidents and fatalities, and make the world a cleaner place.
- This company is at the epicenter of this mobility revolution. Two major trends in the automotive industry - the shift to electric vehicles and vehicles with autonomous safety technologies - have created unique opportunities . We are the only automotive provider solely focused exclusively on cockpit electronics - the fastest-growing segment in the industry.
The Responsibilities :
- Responsible for defining and documenting resources to meet product requirements
- Lead displays application engineering global business teams located in India, US, Europe and Japan.
- Engage and build strong relationship with key stakeholders at the OEMs
- Customer requirements gathering and analysis for displays from OEMs/CREs in support pursuits and production programs
- Line management of display and illumination applications engineers in multiple locations.
- Leads team to follow process by completing process tailoring with program team
- Provision of technical solutions, engineering estimates, and assumptions for customer quotes.
- Tracking and management project progress against agreed cost and timing targets.
- Manages team to ensure timing is met for all deliverables using weekly individual meetings and monthly program review
- Reporting on project status and quality.
- Support display and optical related customer quality and warranty concerns.
The Requirements :
- University degree in Mechanical or Optical or Electrical Engineering or in other similar specialization
- 13 plus years overall experience in automotive mechanical Displays & Optics application design and development
- Minimum of 5 years- experience in a global engineering role focusing on Product Development in displays & Optics industry.
Desired Competencies :
- Hands on displays application engineering design and different displays product is must
- Experience of team management within a global setting.
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Detailed knowledge of TFT and other display technologies.
- Knowledge of optical engineering.
- Familiar with display supplier marketplace.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly and directly communicate, both written and verbally throughout all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Project management skills.
- Able and willing to travel locally & internationally as required for the position