Manager-Talent Sourcing at Ad Astra Consultants
Views:113 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Group Head - Battery Management System (20-30 yrs)
Job Description :
- Client is looking for a Group Head candidate for Battery Cell Advanced Innovation group in the R&D organization.
- The role requires to direct and manage the group for R&D's focus on disruptive materials and innovations to fundamentally transform scientific aspects of Li ion battery industry.
- In this role the candidate will be leading highly technical team for advanced innovations in battery cell materials and design development for go-to-market innovations in cylindrical, prismatic, pouch and blade form factors which meets and exceeds company's business objectives on safety, cost, cycle life, energy densities, fast charge as well as be a leader in cutting edge technologies.
- Candidate should be an excellent communicator, a strong leader and have problem-solving skills in order to effectively steer this R&D.
- This role is highly collaborative, working across functions with cell manufacturing for late-stage product and process Tech Transfers, Business Development for technical customer support activities, as well as Product Management and Product Marketing as new technologies are developed and readied for commercial delivery.
- This role will report to and work closely with the CTO to build scientific knowledge, provide input for the selections of new materials, products and processes, and oversee the advancement of existing products and processes.
Skills & Requirements :
- Support relationships with battery technology partner and collaborators for product and process details
- Support in developing R&D technology road maps with short term and long term focus.
- Champion corporate development relationships with the goal of sustaining strategic business partnerships and technical relationships within the R&D team in different Cell chemistries types (Advanced LFP, High Nickel NMC, Solid State Electrolyte, Sodium ion, Dry electrode process)
- Supervise the Design and development of lithium-ion batteries in Cylindrical cells, prismatic cells, pouch cells and blade cells for high energy and high-power applications.
- Support the R&D proto and pilot line cell innovations and move them to products in record time
- Oversee R&D support for customer evaluations through qualification stages.
- Lead development and scaleup of Gen 2 and Gen 3 battery Architectures.
- Support the finalization of Research Labs, Manufacturing equipment for production line and pilot line.
- Lead team of Scientist and Engineers to implement novel Electrode active materials and Electrolyte technology into large format cells.
- Test, improve and optimize battery characteristics, performance, and stability.
- Ensure scalability of laboratory techniques used for battery fabrication and testing.
- Assess competitive technologies and their applications.
- Assist in development of company's intellectual property.
Additional Job Description :
- Master's degree in Chemical or Electrochemical engineering, material science, or related field.
- 2+ years- experience in an executive leadership role.
- Expertise in battery cell design, development, manufacturing and electrochemistry.
- 5+ years- experience at a battery manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated track record for successfully managing not just scientific and/or engineering projects as a technical lead but also execution to product level
- In-depth knowledge in the electrochemical interaction of various cell components and advanced cell testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Design For Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, Reliability, Validation Planning.
- Demonstrate excellent level of leadership, analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
Preferred Skills :
- Ph.D. in Chemical or Electrochemical Engineering, Material science, Chemistry or related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency applying 5S and/or six sigma methodologies.
- Statistical background and certifications.
- Strong knowledge of cell manufacturing processes, Industrial chemical processing,
- Strong understanding of battery cells, modules, packs safety and simulation