Principal Account Lead at Randstad India
Views:675 Applications:147 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Head - Campus Construction/Project Planning - Educational Institute (18-25 yrs)
A leading educational institute is aiming to build a State of the Art Campus in Bengaluru.
It will consist of academic, research and social infrastructure including student and faculty housing. It will also be India's first Long-Term Urban Ecological Research (LTUER) site. The institute is expected to develop a number of additional campuses in other states/cities.
These are expected to be best-in-class-in-the-world facilities over the 2020-35 horizon in their sustainability; quality of design, aesthetics and functionality; resource and life-cycle cost efficiency; resilience, security, accessibility and operational efficiency. They will bring together the most advanced future-ready infrastructure and technology, operations and management systems appropriate to India to create a unique teaching-learning, residential and experiential environment that will be an example to India and the world.
These campuses will also provide the opportunity to develop, test and document innovation in conventional and traditional built and infrastructure systems (e.g. renewable energy, water and wastewater, solid waste, e-mobility and ICT) and ecosystem services and their integration via advanced technological systems and one of the deeper IoT implementations in the country.
Person Specification :
Applicants should have at least 18-25 years of experience, including managing and executing integrated campus projects of the Rs. 350-500 crore investment range, using innovative infrastructure and technological systems along with a mix of innovative and traditional materials and skills, that will typically use as little high-energy, high-carbon footprint industrial materials like steel, cement and glass as appropriate
Applicants should ideally have a Master's Degree in Technology/Engineering, Architecture/Planning, Construction/General Management along with at least 5-10 years of relevant experience in project planning and implementation of integrated civil or environmental engineering projects: to tight time, cost, quality and performance standards. Experience in dealing with government will be valued.
Applicants need to be able to develop, lead and work effectively in interdisciplinary teams; contract and manage effective delivery from a range of consultants and institutional delivery systems, including performance-based design-build service providers.
Fluency in at least one Indian language is necessary; effective knowledge of Kannada or Tamil is ideal. Some amount of project related inter-city and intra-city travel is expected.
Job profile :
- Strategic and operational responsibility for campus development to defined short, medium and long-term performance standards;
- Monitoring and phased handover of completed buildings, infrastructure and facilities;
- Project implementation and control to agreed metrics and targets of quality, aesthetics, cost and time;
- Enabling regulatory clearances pertaining to infrastructure, planning and building permissions and coordination with relevant public and private institutions;
- Oversight over project and financial management and reporting;
- Oversight over project contracting and procurement;
- Coordination of campus planning, design and development teams, consultants and vendors;
- Coordination with the Campus Science and Documentation teams;
- Coordination and handover of completed facilities to the Institute's Operations team;
- Ensuring effective risk management and compliance with all relevant technical and safety standards.
Interested candidate may share their profile to firstname.lastname@example.org, or can reach out to 9916166053.