Founder at Serving Skill
Views:732 Applications:143 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Head - Central Projects - Real Estate (20-25 yrs)
Purpose of the Job :
The Head - Central Projects (CPT) will plan, design, and implement policies, regulations, functions, processes, and procedures that define the establishment, management and control and delivery of projects. Focus on NHAI / Road projects.
Project Management Responsibilities :
- Hold complete responsibility for planning and execution of projects
- Work closely with the Internal Project heads to ensure project completion and timely delivery
- Facilitate implementation of design and quality systems and procedures
- Ensure projects are completed per contractual time frames and within project budgets
- Evaluate procurement processes and systems
- Work with Engineering teams and Technology partners to identify, validate and assess new technologies
- Ensuring a robust plan and process to ensure timely execution of projects
- Make project plans, reviews, templates, and documentation widely available, saving time and cost
- Centralize information, and monitor operational efficiency and compare the financial performance against the Return on Investment and non-financial benefits
Relationship Responsibilities :
- Work closely with the projects owners, quality, safety, design, legal, procurement, supply chain, and finance teams to ensure that execution is always a step ahead of the plan.
Leadership Responsibilities :
- Work with closely with Deputy CEO & Project Heads and participate in the preparation of management reports and presentations to senior management
- Develop and maintain a high-quality base of project management executives
- Provide training to project managers and project team members, extending it to the Sub- Contractors/vendors
- Drive the team towards a well-planned goal-oriented strategy
- Continuously track project health by ascertaining dependencies between projects, and regularly meeting with internal and external stakeholders
Financial Responsibilities :
- Provide support to the Finance team to prepare budget and project estimates
- Participate in negotiation of EPC contracts including technology and vendor selection and costing
- Support the SCM team for equipment procurement, commercial negotiations and costing with the EPC contractors
- Plan, control, oversee and manage project implementation and the delivery of the construction contract on time and within budget
- Maintaining subcontractor performance records based on inputs from sites, gradation of subcontractors based on performance.
- To discuss & resolve various related issues/ conflicts time to time meeting with subcontractors, site personals & In-charges.
- Providing various subcontract related inputs to Business development, Tendering department, Accounts department and others, as and when required
- Subcontractor Evaluation & feedback to the Subcontractors on process / work improvement : Monitor and correct subcontractor performance.
- Ensure timely payment to the Subcontractor in accordance with Invoicing procedures.
- Reviews all subcontract modifications and proposals for completeness, compliance and accuracy :
(a) Review the performance & compliance gaps of the contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, consultants along with site managers
(b) Follow-up for timely deliveries and
(c) Coordination for inspections
Additional Information :
- Networking & support from peers/cross functional/department colleagues
- MD, APEX committee
- CPT Team including Process Excellence, MIS, Risk Mitigation and cost, Planning & Billing
External authorities, Auditors :
Required Qualification :
- Graduation - Bachelor of Engineering - Bachelor of Technology (B.E./B.Tech.)
Note : Preferable to have Post Graduate course in Construction Management