Consultant at Confidential
Views:434 Applications:131 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Central Projects - Real Estate (20-25 yrs)
One of the leading construction Company is looking for Head Central Projects.
The Company is a leading linear infrastructure project developer (roads and water) headquartered in Mumbai and is primarily focused on implementing projects being offered through public private partnership models (mainly, Hybrid Annuity Models and BOT Models) in India.
Purpose of the Job :
The Head - Central Projects (CPT) will plan, design, and implement policies, regulations, functions, processes, and procedures that define the establishment, management and control and delivery of projects. Focus on NHAI / Road projects.
Project Management Responsibilities :
- Hold complete responsibility for planning and execution of projects
- Work closely with the Internal Project heads to ensure project completion and timely delivery
- Facilitate implementation of design and quality systems and procedures
- Ensure projects are completed per contractual time frames and within project budgets
- Evaluate procurement processes and systems
- Work with Engineering teams and Technology partners to identify, validate and assess new technologies
- Ensuring a robust plan and process to ensure timely execution of projects
- Make project plans, reviews, templates, and documentation widely available, saving time and cost
- Centralize information, and monitor operational efficiency and compare the financial performance against the Return on Investment and non-financial benefits
Relationship Responsibilities :
- Work closely with the projects owners, quality, safety, design, legal, procurement, supply chain, and finance teams to ensure that execution is always a step ahead of the plan.
Leadership Responsibilities :
- Work with closely with Deputy CEO & Project Heads and participate in the preparation of management reports and presentations to senior management
- Develop and maintain a high-quality base of project management executives
- Provide training to project managers and project team members, extending it to the Sub- Contractors/vendors
- Drive the team towards a well-planned goal-oriented strategy
- Continuously track project health by ascertaining dependencies between projects, and regularly meeting with internal and external stakeholders
Financial Responsibilities :
- Provide support to the Finance team to prepare budget and project estimates
- Participate in negotiation of EPC contracts including technology and vendor selection and costing
- Support the SCM team for equipment procurement, commercial negotiations and costing with the EPC contractors
- Plan, control, oversee and manage project implementation and the delivery of the construction contract on time and within budget :
- Maintaining subcontractor performance records based on inputs from sites, gradation of subcontractors based on performance.
- To discuss & resolve various related issues/ conflicts time to time meeting with subcontractors, site personals & In-charges. Providing various subcontract related inputs to Business development, Tendering department, Accounts department and others, as and when required
- Subcontractor Evaluation & feedback to the Subcontractors on process / work improvement: Monitor and correct subcontractor performance.
- Ensure timely payment to the Subcontractor in accordance with Invoicing procedures.
- Reviews all subcontract modifications and proposals for completeness, compliance and accuracy :
(a) Review the performance & compliance gaps of the contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, consultants along with site managers
(b) Follow-up for timely deliveries and
(c) Coordination for inspections
Additional Information :
- Networking & support from peers/cross functional/department colleagues
- MD, APEX committee
- CPT Team including Process Excellence, MIS, Risk Mitigation and cost, Planning & Billing
- External authorities, Auditors
Required Qualification :
Graduation : Bachelor of Engineering - Bachelor of Technology (B.E./B.Tech.)
Note : Preferable to have Post Graduate course in Construction Management