Recruiter at Career Tree
Views:347 Applications:81 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Contracts & Procurement - Infrastructure (17-25 yrs)
Experience: 17 to 25 Years
Educational Qualification: B.Tech Civil (Regular)
Job Location: Hyderabad
Lead the project contract management and procurement team to strategize the procurement and contract management in line with corporate policy. Execute procurement in fair & competitive manner, vendor management, logistics management, project contract & Claim management, manage arbitration and other dispute resolution mechanism.
- Contract Management Strategies / SOPs / Process development: Develop project Contract Management process and roll out. Study various best practices and suggest and adopt best suitable method for Project Contract Management and take management approval.
- Develop model Contracts, GCC s in consultation with Legal Team.
- Review and or develop strategies & process for Project Procurement / sourcing, packaging, store process and process for project budget tracking & control.
- Ensure Procurement activities including review of PRs, understanding of procurement requirements with end user, develop RFP / tender documents.
- Roll out EoI process, RFI and RFP process. Anchor, control and monitor all tender processes and ensure timely and successful completion of evaluation process.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with stakeholders and suppliers including effectively managing contract enquiries, issues, disputes, variations, risks and undertaking negotiations with suppliers as required
- Negotiation of contract terms, drafting contract condition, finalization of tenders and take management approval for awarding work packages.
- Guide team in ensuring timely clearance and procurement of materials and services.
- Implement and ensure all agreements are reviewed and handled as per Project Contract Management process.
- Monitor contract performance and compliance in accordance with the contract, contract management plan, risk management plan and organizational policies and procedures.
- Ensure all obligations are met and minimize risk and maximize companies- entitlement.
- Develop & Ensure change management process is implemented and all Changes / Variations are processed and approved on time extensions.
- Manage all Contractual and Legal correspondences with Client, Contractors, subcontractors and other related parties.
- Establish payment process mechanism and ensure same is implemented and vendors are paid on time.
- Provide advice and support to the Project Managers including identifying opportunities to improve procurement outcomes, Contractors / vendor performance, improve efficiencies and value for money initiatives.
Dispute/Claim Management & Contract closure:
- Dispute resolution and settlement of claims with clients, contractors and subcontractors.
- Conduct periodic check on variations and raise change orders/ notices, discuss with the vendors and finalize cost of change.
- Lead team on any arbitration or any other dispute resolution mechanism. Ensure companies claims are justified and substantiated before the panel in a fair and conclusive manner.
- Ensure final closure of the contracts and documentation
Other Dimensions :
- Should have handled a multidiscipline team of 5 to 10 members.
- High level interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders in providing expert contract management advice
- Should be well-versed with FIDIC Conditions, JCT, NEC contracts,
- Should be familiar with INCOTERMS and other international trade practices.
- Knowledge of government legislation, audit regulations, legal obligations
- Should be familiar with Indian contract act, limitation act, sales of goods act, Customs rules and regulations, and international arbitration procedures.
- Should have handled multiple projects
- Should have an exposure to at least one Airport project.
- Should have leadership skills with emphasis on team building, strong negotiation and communication skills.
- High level communication skills at all levels (written and verbal) and the ability to undertake negotiations with suppliers in the resolution of disputes.
- Demonstrated investigative and analytical skills including the ability to use MS Excel, Database and Reporting systems.
- Ability to review, develop and implement guidelines and operating processes
Interested candidate can contact Eresh @ 8072932234
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.