Recruiter at Invokhr Solutions
Views:361 Applications:61 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Head - Engineering - Industrial Products (10-15 yrs)
Objective of this position :
A 44 year old company, manufacturing industrial and other wheels and castors for material handling and logistics industry. The company is seeking an aggressive growth path over the next five years, that will entail adding new product lines, new markets etc. Currently the company sells both domestically as well as exports its products to around 25 countries worldwide including Europe, US, Scandinavia etc.. The company has been known worldwide for its high quality products, some of the products are high end, high performance products where the application demands are very stringent both functionally as well as dimensionally.
Organization embarks upon an aggressive growth path - there are multiple actions to be taken.
1. Enhancing the quality of current products
2. Developing and commercially launching new product lines
3. Studying current production processes - identifying MUDA and modifying / automating processes to cut down production cost and bring in efficiencies in the entire manufacturing operations.
In brief, the role calls for using the best engineering technologies currently available to enhance current products, develop new products in short span times as well as re-engineering or automating production processes.
Desired Personal Traits of the Candidate (evidence desired in previous work exp) :
1. Must be a Strategist and aligned with the Vision of the company to grow 10x over next 5 years, using his knowledge to improve current products and processes, bringing in manufacturing efficiencies by re-designing production processes and also reducing manufacturing costs
2. Trustworthy with High Integrity and Ethical Work principles
3. Excellent Communication Skills
4. Leading by example, of being a Role Model and motivating his team
5. Must have a Positive Personality while having zero tolerance for team goals
6. Should be Creative and offering 'out of the box' solutions for issues
7. SPEED OF EXECUTION shall be a key trait in this role - speed of implementing thoughts and ideas into practical reality will be very important.
8. Excellent Analytical Skills and ability to take Quick Decisions- person possessing High Deliverables skill set is desired
9. Ability to take 'APR' - Absolute Personal Responsibility for his actions or inactions and the results thereof
Desired Professional Skill Sets :
1. Knowledge of materials viz. steel, alloy steels, bearings, plastic components, polyurethane etc., their properties and quality standards
2. Working Knowledge and current best practices in processes involved at the company, that includes CNC machining, Welding (including robotic welding), metal stamping, product assembly etc.
3. Thorough knowledge of tolerances and fitments required for different functionalities
4. Knowledge of implementing both low cost and high cost automation at various levels in production processes to bring in efficiencies, increase production and reduce wastages
5. Knowledge of CAD/CAM solutions and design engineering, including simulations, 3D printing, FEA analysis etc. to envision and design products and ideas on the drawing board. The company is establishing its innovation centre shortly in which competent engineers are being hired.
6. Knowledge of plastic injection moulding, including tooling shall be an advantage
7. Knowledge of stamping tools and stamping processes is desired
8. Knowledge of current ISO/TS standards
9. Having a planned and methodical approach to projects with proper documentation
Education & Experience :
1. B. Tech in mechanical engineering or likewise
2. Atleast 10 to 15 years of work experience in engineering industry, work experience in companies known for high quality engineered products and assemblies is desired
3. Atleast 3 to 5 years of experience as a Team Leader in a company producing engineered products and assemblies
4. Company would be looking for evidence of successfully implemented projects by the candidate showing his capabilities to do the above
Vision for the Prospective Candidate's Growth :
1. Working in an organization that has a strong and un-interrupted 44 year worldwide presence which is aiming for an aggressive growth path, yet taking a very professional approach to building its Human Capital on the journey.
- The candidate with co-create a happy work culture in the organization along with the management to make Muvtons one of the most desired places to work at
2. Offering the 'best in industry' package commensurate with the candidate's skills sets and experience
3. Possibility of offering an attractive variable component linked to deliverables viz. enhancement of product quality, reduction of internal rejections, improving productivity through process re-engineering or automation projects timely implemented.
4. Attractive Yearly Growth commensurate with the candidate's performance and the company growth