Consultant at Confidential
Views:552 Applications:116 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Environment Health & Safety - Construction (20-25 yrs)
One of the leading construction company is looking out for Head EHS.
The Company is a leading linear infrastructure project developer (roads and water) headquartered in Mumbai and is primarily focused on implementing projects being offered through public private partnership models (mainly, Hybrid Annuity Models and BOT Models) in India.
Purpose of the Job :
- To Create and audit Environment, Health and safety measures for the projects and offices. To create - Zero Accident- work environment. The Head of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) will be responsible for providing professional health, safety, and environment management leadership within all levels of staff responsible for project execution, including all levels of staff of any consultant or contractor engaged in the project.
- Overall 20+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum 5 yrs experience as a Head - EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) in Infrastructure / related organization's (highways / Metro / Railways projects)
Duties/ Responsibilities/ Activities :
1. Act as the Responsible Person for all health and safety matters across all Projects, identifying and responding to current legal and best practice requirements.
2. Initiate and oversee a HSE leadership change programme across Projects.
3. Set the strategic direction for effective HSE management and appropriate workplace wellbeing programmes for employees/ consultant employees/contractor employees.
4. Review and develop all aspects of HSE policies and activity, and ensure that it is implemented consistently across all projects
5. Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming HSE legislation/rules/regulations and ensure that has systems and procedures in place to meet compliance and other requirements.
6. Work proactively with project managers and other key employees to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in HSE management within their areas of responsibility.
7. Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and incident management systems are in place and followed across Projects.
8. Oversee and undertake audits where appropriate and ensure an action plan with SMART objectives is established to address issues identified.
Mandatory Skills :
- Leadership, project management, environment, safety, health, infrastructure, construction, industrial safety
Additional Information :
- Networking & support from peers/ cross functional/ department colleagues
- Top Management, Representatives
- Project Heads, Project EHS team
- External authorities/Auditors
Required Qualification :
- Masters - Employee Health & Safety
Note : Preference to Post Graduation - EHS (NICMAR)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.