Team - CorenthumElan at Corenthum Elan Consulting LLP
Views:176 Applications:27 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Failure Analysis (12-20 yrs)
Head - Failure Analysis
Educational Qualification - B.Tech/ M.Tech - Mechanical
JOB DESCRIPTION (INDICATIVE ONLY) :
1. Collect and understand the background information required for the failure analysis.
2. Review the documents like the original engineering drawings, drawings of all field modification, operation and service manuals, operators and maintenance log books, and service history of equipment in the field.
3. Monitor and track the condition of equipment to identify signs of failure or near-failure like frequent failures (failures occur frequently and periodically), cascading failures (one failure causes another), underlying failure causes, and opportunities for improvement.
4. Conduct repairs or replacements of components based on the OEM's recommendations or on Internal Engineering Service team benchmarks on the expected life of equipment components
5. Examine and evaluate the compliance of the various subsystems and controls including hydraulic and pneumatic controls, programmable logic controls (PLCs), sensor and electrical control systems
6. Conduct Machinery and mechanical failure analyses covering a full spectrum of manufacturing environments
7. Look for failure analysis caused due to stress, wear, fatigue, overload and corrosion to support yield improvement and evaluation
8. Assess the Equipment Damage.
9. Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) to analyze and calculate heavy equipment's risk of failure modes, in accordance with results of the analysis to provide maintenance strategy to improve maintenance effectiveness.
10. Support cross functional teams for failure analysis and generate analysis report and failure analysis procedure.
11. Provide information to Management on metrics like rate of failures, reliability level for the scheduled mission, availability, time between failures, length of uninterrupted working hours without failure given a minimum reliability level for the components/ equipment's.