Consultant at Michael Page
Views:223 Applications:23 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Head - Projects - Construction Industry (12-17 yrs)
Job Description :
- Reporting to an operations director, responsible for the strategy and delivery of a major project.
- Working in a client-facing role, responsible for leading our fee proposal, developing the clients- strategy, through to managing the appointment of the extended professional team of local and international consultants and contractors.
- Developing the client's brief, delivery strategy and leading the design management, procurement, and execution of the scheme.
- Establishing and managing a high performing team that strives for quality, safety, cost and schedule improvements at every opportunity with all delivery partners, challenging and seeking to improve the project deliverables.
- Overseeing that the highest standards of health and safety are considered as a priority through all stages of the project.
- Review of engineering and execution drawing, highlighting gaps and ensuring completeness.
- Need to have experience in executing large projects with expertise in engineering, project management, large contracts, and vendor management.
- Ensuring practice delivers superior solutions to clients.
- Providing senior-level resolution to client issues.
- Handling difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
- Understanding the implications of different technical choices and is able to guide our clients to the best solution for their situation.
- Communicating effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Defining ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Maintaining lasting client relationships.
- This a leadership position based out of Hyderabad region and will lead multiple projects from concept design stage to handover stage leading multiple teams with each team led by a project manager.
- The candidate must have prior experience in leading more than two projects at a time and possess sound technical knowledge with experience in delivering premium residential/ commercial and other building sector projects.
- The candidate must have the experience of managing the preconstruction phase of the projects covering design, planning, budgeting and scheduling, tendering and procurement management etc.
- Leadership, stakeholder management and excellent communication skills are mandatory.
- The candidate must have a stable career path and having worked in reputed firms with at least one of them a PMC or a developer during the last 5-6 years.
- BE/BTech in Civil / Arch will be the minimum qualification and PG in project management/ construction management with PMP certification will be an added advantage. This position will report to the Head of Project Management in Project Services SBU of TATA Projects Ltd.