Co-Founder at Mantras2Success.com
Views:136 Applications:7 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Quality - Engineering Manufacturing Unit (15-25 yrs)
- To plan, implement and review quality system throughout the organization.
- To measure performance of the product and process and drive continual improvement programmes to raise the bench marks. To implement effective corrective actions for any type of failure throughout the organization.
- To answer customers about product quality and performance of the product as well as organization.
- To upkeep departmental resources for smooth functioning of the organization.
- To train all the employees on product quality and safety practices.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES of Quality head :
- Devise and establish a company's quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Set standards for quality as well as health and safety
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff
- Plan Standard Operating practices required under the overriding Quality procedures.
- Measure performance and identify any areas of weakness, recommending and implementing improvements
- Use relevant quality tools and make sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business
- Make sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors Train and manage a team of quality control engineers. Host external Quality System audits
- Support other functional areas of the business including procurement, Development and Production.
- Look at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and produce statistical reports
- Review existing policies and make suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them
Analysis & Reporting :
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system Improvements
- Coordinate the review of Quality procedures associated with plant continuous improvement initiatives
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
Required Qualifications of the Quality head
- Through knowledge of the quality function of engineering manufacturing unit with more than 10 years for BE Mech and 15 years for Diploma Mechanical in mid-sized (20-50 Cr, Revenue) organisation.
- Min. 5 years as a Quality Head.
- Understand engineering drawings and can device a quality plan, APQP, FMEA based on drawing. Should have good analytical & reporting skills.
- Should be good man manager. Should have an expertise of preparing all the documentation of the QMS.
- Should ably lead a team and maintain healthy environment in the Department.
- Should be able to generate need-based resources requirements.
Preferred Qualifications of the Quality head
- CMM Programming and Operating.Six Sigma
- Education of the Quality head
- BE Mechanical with 10 years- experience. Diploma Mechanical with 15 years- experience. Advanced Oral / written English Communication.