Head - Research & Development - Mechanical Products (10-18 yrs)
Reporting - Head- Engineering
Experience - 10-15 years (with 8+ years of experience in R&D)
Education - B.tech - Mechanical
Job Location - Asangaon (Maharashtra)
Industry - Heavy engineering, companies manufacturing construction crane, Fabrication, high pressure vessels, heat exchangers.
- As a Research and Development (R&D) Manager you will play a critical role in driving innovation, overseeing product development, and managing the research efforts within the organization.
- You will be responsible for leading a team of engineers and technical staff to develop new technologies, improve existing products, and contribute to the company's strategic growth. Your expertise will be vital in ensuring that the company remains at the forefront of technological advancements in the engineering field forefront of technological advancements in the engineering field.
- Strategic Planning
- Team leadership and management
- Research and product development
- Intellectual property management
- Collaboration and partnerships
- Budgeting and resource management
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven experience in research and development in the product engineering industry like valves, bearing, etc. o Working knowledge of piping system and its components is desirable.
- Must be familiar with codes like ASME, PED, API, BS, IS, DIN, etc.
- Strong knowledge of engineering basic principles, technology trends, and product development processes. Conversant with FMEA.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, and fabrication techniques.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate and manage a multidisciplinary team.
- Proficiency in CAD software for 2D and 3D design, such as AutoCAD, Inventor, Solid works or similar tools
- Experience in finite element analysis (FEA) software will be preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and drive innovation.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and present complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Knowledge of intellectual property rights.
- Proficiency in relevant software tools and technologies used in R&D.