Proprietor at Munsar Services
Views:242 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Head - Safety Health & Environment - Manufacturing Firm (20-25 yrs)
Job Purpose and Scope
The role would provide strategic direction and leadership for the company's Safety, Health and Environment Teams and Initiatives. Primary responsibilities include:
1. Assuring continuous performance improvement in SHE towards building the culture of safety while maintaining compliance with all Local, State, and Central regulations.
2. Chairing various internal organizational teams/committees that help to develop and deploy SHE policies and objectives across the organisation, and
3. Serving as an company representative, liaison to a variety of external entities including Central, State, and Local Agencies, Customers, Suppliers, industry related groups, and various nonprofit, educational, government and community entities for SHE.
Key Accountabilities, Responsibilities, Deliverables
- Ensuring compliance of Factories Act and Rules, and Environmental Protection Act and amendments thereto at all units on behalf of the Occupier to meet statutory requirements.
- Ensure effective implementation of management systems such as OHSAS, EMS and PSMS at units already in place and render support to the other units for designing and implementing the above systems.
- Provide advice and facilitate individual businesses, on issues related to behavioural safety; process safety; accident prevention and investigation; crisis and disaster management and risk mitigation for existing and new investments/projects.
- Work with the SHE Managers to design, implement and monitor Process Safety Management System including SHE Audits, Risk assessments, HAZOP/ HAZAN, Benchmarking processes and technologies to reduce risks and meet global best practices in the area of fire regulations, handling hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding assets and controlling occupational diseases etc.
- Scan global practices and industry leaders from equipment performance and technology currency perspectives and adaptability for introduction/upgradation of the technology within units of the company.
Coach SHE Managers in the implementation of good management practices to promote an effective, healthy and safe organizational culture and providing competent professional advice.
- Keep updated on contemporary risk management processes, systems, new legislations and standards, injury management, insurable risks and death and disability scheme and any developments that affect the company's business interests.
- Oversee the design and roll out of continuous training on SHE covering all stake holders including contract labour, Third Party force, customers, supply chain partners of each group company.
- Develop and deploy a group level reporting mechanisms to monitor the SHE program. Analyze trend reports and effectiveness of corrective and preventive systems in place.
- Represent the company's interests in advocacy forums, professional groups, industry associations and Govt bodies as appropriate. Create stakeholder inclusivity around SHE issues through various initiatives that help sustain a culture of Safety
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
BE in Mech /Chemical with relevant certification recognised under Factories Act. Advanced training on SHE will be advantage.
Relevant experience 20 25 years of hands-on experience of handling SHE function in multi plant chemical process industries, PSUs, Fertilisers, Ammonia Mfg, Ammonia Terminals, Cement, Steel, Acids, Automobile, Metals, Pharma, Engineering.
Threshold skills and capabilities required to execute the role
1. Minimum 5-7 years of leadership/managerial experience within the SHE function.
2. Deep understanding of the products, processes and practices of each group company.
3. Expertise in Management systems like ISO 18000, ISO 140001, OSHAS, HAZAN/HAZOP,
4. Safety and disaster management practices.
5. Thorough knowledge of applicable Acts, Rules, Regulations and Codes in Chemical and related industries.
6. Proven leadership, communication and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to both work collaboratively and to influence those with whom no formal hierarchical relationship exists.
7. Ability to travel in excess of 40% of the time.
Competencies / Strengths Required
- Must demonstrate strong Safety related Business Acumen and Strategic Orientation
- Should have a clear Action Focus and an ability to get things done
- Must demonstrate Change Management & Influencing Skills
- Should be guided by a deeply embedded Value system
- Strong Leadership capabilities
B.Tech/B.E. in Mechanical, Chemical
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.