Team - CorenthumElan at Corenthum Elan Consulting LLP
Views:1166 Applications:139 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Head - Safety - Mining (12-20 yrs)
Head - Safety - Mining (AGM/GM)
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Degree /Diploma in Mining Engineering with First Class Mines Manager's Certificate of competency (Restricted) issued by DGMS as per MMR 1961; Safety qualification like PGDIS/ADIS/IOSH/NEBOSH will be an additional advantage; excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; ability to achieve the targets; demonstrable deadline/time management and task management skills; aptitude for safety supervision and associated relationship management.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE :
- Minimum work experience of around 15 years of which at least around 05 years as Head - Safety in the mining industry.
- Knowledge on Mine Management, General Safety and Legislation.
- Knowledge on Mines Operation and Mining Machinery.
- Exposure of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 45001.
- Knowledge in explosive handling and blasting operation in mines.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- Establish Safety procedures and systems like Safety Policy, SOP, Safety Manuals and other safety related checklists and formats.
- Preparation and implementation of the Mines Safety Plan in consultation with the DGMS, Mines Team and the Business Partners team members and regularly update with any new Hazards (if any) along with a deliberation for the mitigation plan.
- Preparation of Emergency Preparedness Plan according to different mining sites and review with managers in order to handle emergency procedures in the areas of work and individual responsibilities.
- Preparation of Monthly/ Yearly Safety Budget for the respective sites.
- Periodically review safety rules and standards with employees to confirm that the company is meeting its Safety goals and objectives.
- Responsible to perform all other safety related duties prescribed in the Mines Act, Factory Act, Mines Regulations and orders made thereunder and guidelines of DGMS.
- Lead Site Management Team in the performance of thorough and objective accident investigations for all accidents and near miss occurrences through root cause analysis and document investigations with corrective and preventive actions to prevent recurrence incidents across the company.
- To promote the setting up of a Safety Committee and conduct Safety Committee Meetings regularly with preparation of minutes of meeting.
- Ensure applicable corporate and site-specific Safety programs are effectively implemented and organize Safety awareness Campaigns, Competitions, and Contests for the employees during Mines Safety Week, Road Safety Week and World Environment Day.
- Carry out safety inspection of the workplace identifying hazards, recommending control measures and preparing the Risk Assessment and other management reports.
- Preparing Monthly Safety Reports such as Safety Statistics, Severity Rate,Frequency Rate, First Aid Analysis and PPE Consumption and requirements etc.
- Preparing the training modules on Workplace safety, Machine Safety, Fire safety, Work permit system, Safety Induction, HIRA, Job Safety Analysis, Electrical Safety, Lock out Tag Out, Mines Safety, PPE and promote safety education for all employees.
- Coordination of all safety related Internal and External audits and ensure immediate compliance's for non-conformity.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
- On the rolls of the Company
- Stay/Accommodation : Has to Stay in the Company provided accommodation or any other with in the vicinity of the mines
- Conveyance Eligible : for the Conveyance vehicle in the mines
- Age Group : Around 40 - 47 Years, Exceptions for exceptional profiles can be considered.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.