Head - Site Engineering - FMCG/Healthcare/Pharmaceutical Sector (10-15 yrs)
Opportunity with a leading MNC into FMCG / Healthcare / Pharmaceutical sector.
1. JOB PURPOSE :
The Site Engineering Head is responsible to develop and execute the engineering strategies and objectives at the Aurangabad site. He ensures flawless execution of Manufacturing engineering, Process Engineering as well as Project Engineering. He provides leadership to the engineering team and ensures the support from all engineering functions to the day-to-day operations as well as project execution. He is responsible to ensure the integration with the regional and WW engineering organization.
2. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates new and existing manufacturing systems for industrial production processes including human work factors, material flow, cost analysis, and process optimization in both production and packaging operations.
2. Plans, prioritizes, assigns, and coordinates work performed by engineering staff. Applies continuous improvement methods to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the engineering team.
3. Monitors quality, safety of work and timely completion of assigned activities to internal staff and external suppliers.
4. Leads, improves and supports Health, Safety and Environment by coordinating the chapters assigned to engineering department.
5. Prepares capital expenditure proposals starting from preparation of draft proposals, vendor selection, price negotiations, planning and execution. Leads projects end-to-end.
6. Introduces, maintains and sets targets for meaningful KPI to measure performance of the team and engineering related business outcomes in collaboration with stakeholders.
7. Manages, mentors, evaluates staff and takes disciplinary actions wherever appropriate. Implement performance improvement plans as needed. Ensures required / available competencies are assessed regularly and gaps are addressed through development plans. Ensures training compliance of the engineering team.
8. Establishes, oversees and tracks departmental budget. Reviews expenses and implement cost controls to ensure budget is not exceeded.
9. Evaluates and provides recommendations for vendors. Gather and review data concerning manufacturing equipment specifications or government restrictions, required completion date and construction feasibility.
10. Ensures adherence to company policies and applicable regulations of engineering team and enforces following safety procedures and policies. Performs regular reviews and enhances existing or develops new engineering related processes, procedures and policies in line with regulations and company policies.
11. Engages to comply with statutory and corporate requirements related to engineering.
12. Conduct audits and gap assessments in support of the internal audit program and FDA readiness. Ensures timely investigation and resolution of Observations and Non-Conformances assigned to engineering. Supports manufacturing related Observations and Non-Conformances.
13. Responsible for eliminating quality and safety issues related to machines on shop-floor.
14. Represents engineering function internally and externally.
Education : Bachelor degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation engineering
Experience : 10-15 year's relevant experience from Pharmaceutical/Medical device/Engineering industry