Founder & Principal Consultant at Catalyst Management
Views:964 Applications:208 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:102
Head - Supply Chain & Logistics - Consumer Durable (10-15 yrs)
Head - Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Responsibilities :
- Direct, manage and coordinate logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer service activities.
- Lead and direct strategic planning for logistics and customer services.
- Responsible for overseeing the inventory management process, defining departmental strategies for appropriate inventory levels, eliminating obsolete material, and reduce damages and sales returns.
- Develop and maintain logistic network, designed to deliver best in class service to all branches, channels and customers.
- Create, manage and achieve the overall logistics and customer service department budgets.
- Develop and lead Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process
- Maintain receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Participate in personnel development at all levels through talent acquisition, performance management, providing opportunity for high performers, education, communication, expectation setting, and self-actualization.
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion
- Record of successfully collaborating with and influencing senior management and peers
- Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional demeanour.
- Able to perform financial calculations and create and manage budgets
Education and Experience :
- Master's Degree in Business or Transportation/Logistics Management
- 10+ years in customer service and logistics environment