Consultant at Confidential
Views:781 Applications:221 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Supply Chain Management - Infrastructure/Construction (15-20 yrs)
One of the leading Construction Company is looking out for Head SCM.
The Company is a leading linear infrastructure project developer (roads and water) headquartered in Mumbai and is primarily focused on implementing projects being offered through public private partnership models (mainly, Hybrid Annuity Models and BOT Models) in India.
Purpose of the Job :
- To lead a team for timely and cost effective procurement of quality services and materials.
Vendor Identification & Market intelligence :
1. To Build market intelligence from Competitor's perspective and competitive material and service rates available for high value material items.
2. Benchmarking of Material Cost / SCM practices
3. To identify & develop vendor pool for high value material / service procurement items as per the business requirement
4. To assess the vendor on the following on regular basis :
a. the quality of material / services as per the requisite specifications
b. turnaround time (TAT) for delivery of material / services
c. assessment of legal or any other compliances
d. assessment on unfair legal / labour practices
e. Support services from the vendor
f. Assessment of reliability and capability on material / service delivery
5. To develop the vendor on requisite process compliance required as per the organisation standards (SOPs)
Material /Service Procurement :
1. To plan, coordinate and initiate execution for material / service procurement as per the project requirement
2. To negotiate & renegotiate with the vendors on cost effective and time effective procurement of materials and services
3. To maintain the records in the organisation ERP system
4. To create MIS for the procurement activity as per the procurement plan
Subcontractor Selection and finalisation :
1. Pre Bid Activities & getting offers from subcontractors
2. Finalize the subcontracting strategy document of the projects along with the project team post L1 position( before LOI) in line with the company strategy
3. Providing information on technical & commercial issues to interested subcontractors to facilitate their submission of proposals.
4. Comparison of offers submitted, meeting with probable subcontractors for further negotiations of rates, finalization of workable rates within budget & Project time line.
5. Solicit, negotiate and award subcontracts in accordance with company policy and Contractual requirements. Preparation of letter of Intent (LOI) / Work order / Agreement with all terms & conditions complete.
6. Maintaining subcontractor performance records based on inputs from sites, gradation of subcontractors based on performance.
7. To discuss & resolve various related issues/ conflicts time to time meeting with subcontractors, site personals & In-charges. Providing various subcontract related inputs to Business development, Tendering department, Accounts department and others, as and when required
8. Subcontractor Evaluation & feedback to the Subcontractors on process / work improvement: Monitor and correct subcontractor performance.
9. Ensure timely payment to the Subcontractor in accordance with Invoicing procedures.
10. Reviews all subcontract modifications and proposals for completeness, compliance and accuracy
Material / Service procurement Contracts :
1. To plan, coordinate and initiate vendor contracts for all the requisite high value, small value material / service requirement based on agreed parameters
2. To ensure all the contracts are placed in the organisation ERP system
3. Ensure all supplier contracts are complete, properly executed, and have considered all cost variables, including the unbundling of freight. Work with transportation in determining optimal delivery terms, rates, and freight class.
Creating engaged and motivating team :
1. To lead and mentor the procurement team on effective working on lead time, quality procurement against the requisite standards.
2. To train the team on vendor negotiation, vendor development, etc
Process adherence & Control Mechanism :
1. To ensure 100% process adherence.
2. Document maintenance and submission of documents for requisite audit activities
3. To ensure the internal stakeholders has requisite information on material / service delivery, led time, quality aspects, etc. to take internal customer's feedback on the above mentioned aspects
4. To Audit internally to check process adherence.
Site Support :
1. On boarding support to contractors at site
2. Review the performance & compliance gaps of the contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, consultants along with site managers
3. Follow-up for timely deliveries.
4. Coordination for inspections
5. DLP Support to sites
Additional Information :
- Networking & support from peers/ cross functional/ department colleagues
- MD, APEX committee, Vertical Heads
- Contracts, Estimation, Commercial & stores team, Procurement Team
- External authorities, Auditors
Required Qualification :
- Graduation : Bachelor of Engineering - Bachelor of Technology (B.E./B.Tech.)
Note : Civil Engineering / equivalent