Hiring Lead - Global at Havoc Consultants Pvt Ltd
Views:461 Applications:109 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Transportation Management (5-10 yrs)
Department : Operations
Working Location : Gurgaon
Name of position : Head - Transportation Management/Manager - Transportation
Reporting : Director, Operations
- Purpose of position (Overall contribution to corporate goals)
- To ensure the highest delivery service to the customer through the management and control of the transport channel.
Core Accountabilities :
- Centrally manages transportation costs to set targets and productivity KPI for the respective organization
- Manages transport service to the customer through meeting/exceeding set service levels, KPI
- Controlling of freight costs and maintaining of statistics and KPI's. Monthly tracking and active control.
- Monthly reporting on Transport Management to top management.
- Ensuring transport quality and controlling of delivery performance (Carrier Reliability). Active control for customer deliveries, Distribution centers & Centre replenishment, returns and Repairs (AMS).
- Develop solutions for specific customer needs (job-site delivery, same-day, etc.)
- Analyse and monitor transport market and react early on trends and changes
- Lead Monthly review meetings with carriers.
- Tendering of all transport services.
- Active cooperation with the global process organization and the expert-teams transport. Implementation and application of actions and targets in respective organization
- Define and implement Hazmat Management Programs compliant with local, regional and international governing agencies that include policy, training and management visibility
Key Performance Indicators :
- Delivery performance (Carrier reliability) - for customer deliveries, Distribution centers and center replenishment, returns and repairs (AMS).
- Transport cost productivity
- Transport quality (customer complaints)
Applicant Profile :
- Overall Experience - 5-10 Years
- Has experience in concept and strategy development
- Has supply chain experience especially Transportation & Logistics
- Educational Background - MBA - Operations (Premier B School)
- Has knowledge of the respective freight market
- Knowledge of IT including SAP and Microsoft Office
- Has strong analytical skills
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Has good leadership skills
- Has working knowledge of Hazardous Material regulations