HR at Herman Miller Furniture India Private Limited
Views:248 Applications:24 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Herman Miller - Supplier Quality Engineer (3-8 yrs)
The purpose of this position is to ensure incoming part quality by working with HMI and supplier partners to ensure that products meet or exceed customers' quality expectations. The work involves prevention of potential issues from occurring or correction of systemic problems in order to provide an uninterrupted supply of conforming parts. This position involves managing and prioritizing multiple projects. Supplier Quality Engineer work regularly with suppliers (involves some travel) identifying issues, driving corrective action and implementing continuous improvement principles.
Essential Functions :
- Resolve engineering/supplier quality issues by using appropriate quality tools
- Conduct supplier assessment for new suppliers and ongoing supplier quality operating system audits of existing suppliers.
- Supplier quality engineer will work with the vendors where issues are found
- Develop and train out the quality plans per the corporate standard
- Facilitate resolution of supplier part/product quality problems with involvement from the Purchasing Manager and manufacturing quality engineers within the HMI manufacturing sites.
- Review quality information systems to identify potential or recurring issues.
- Work with the Purchasing Managers to develop and implement continuous improvement plans for suppliers based upon quality performance measurements.
- Manage part/tooling approval for new/replacement/transferred tools through production part approval process.
- Work with Corporate Supply Management team to meet/exceed cost and reliability goals.
- Engage in supplier training as needed.
- Other duties/assignments as determined by the Director of International Supply Management.
Minimum Requirements :
- Bachelor of Engineering, Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical domain preferred)
- Minimum three years of experience of working in quality related field.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills in both English and Kannada.
- Ability to interpret engineering specification drawings including Geometric, Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T).
- Fundamental understanding of statistical quality tools. Ex.: DOE, FMEA, capability studies, gage R & R.
- Understanding of quality system requirements. Ex.: ISO-9000, TS-16949.
- Understanding of color evaluation tools and specifications.
- Understanding of metrology principles.
- Highly developed problem-solving and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively use office automation/communication software and tools currently being used in the HMI office environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision; initiative.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility in schedule, travel requirements, work assignments, etc.
- Well-developed analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to influence those over whom there is no formal authority; teamwork.
- Local travel will be required
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.