HR Head at Himalayan Institute of Alternative, Ladakh
Views:170 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
HIAL - Active Heating Executive (2-5 yrs)
Himalayan Institute of Alternatives, Ladakh (HIAL) is an upcoming Alternative Institute for Mountain Development which follows Contextual Learning and Experiential Pedagogy where students learn by doing and earn while they learn. It aims to develop Ladakh into a benchmark of sustainable living for the mountain world, where all children receive a meaningful education that prepares them for a life of dignity in harmony with nature. It believes in collaborative exercise between learners and facilitators. Instead of solving problems with the conventional 3Rs (Reading, writing, and arithmetic), the learners are encouraged to solve problems using the 3Hs: Bright Head, Kind Heart, and Skilled Hands. The institute is promoted by the renowned leaders in entrepreneurial education in India and attracts talent and grants from leading corporates and Government bodies in India.
For more details, please check:
School of ENergy Studies (SENSe) is one of the Schools of HIAL and aims to develop Ladakh as a Carbon-neutral community through contextual innovative energy research and solutions that would serve as a Sustainable Model for the mountain world. We are considered world leaders in passive solar heating of buildings and have taken projects in different aspects of energy which would better the lives of Ladakhis in this fragile ecology. Our work on passive solar heating of buildings has won a national award from the Govt of India. We have collaborations with FHNW Switzerland, SDC India, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, GoI and IOCL. While the world is working on net-zero, we have already demonstrated energy positive buildings. We are already in process of exporting our technology to international community. We are now looking to expand our solutions- outreach and thus, are looking for relevant people to form a core team - a small group of thoughtful committed people, motivated to make the world a better place- that will work towards increasing the impact of the school and HIAL on the mountain communities.
1st Prize in NEEIA - HIAL - Himalayan Institute of Alternative Ladakh
Solar Buildings of Ladakh, Here is how it works | Sonam Wangchuk Ladakh - YouTube
The ideal candidate is a young professional, who:
- Is passionate about utilising their education/knowledge to solve real life problems and better the lives of mountain people through advancement of Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation technologies.
- Is motivated to cut the emissions of building sector in mountains by half and then mainstream the technologies.
- Is passionate about bringing about a change in the current education scenario to make it more hands-on at the graduate and higher levels.
- Is excited about identifying, designing and executing new, sustainable and region-appropriate projects to assist in developing Ladakh as a model of a carbon-neutral mountain community.
- Has sound balance of theoretical knowledge and hands-on ground experience.
- Can brave the challenging climate of Ladakh and deliver projects and high quality scientific reports, as required, on time.
- Can synergise with local community.
- Is self-directed, humble, fast learner, agile, hard-working, patient, on-time and has intellectual integrity and perseverance.
At HIAL you are expected to:
- Identify, design and execute region appropriate, energy efficient active heating and ventilation technologies.
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of the existing active systems and lead in setting up of new systems to meet the campus- energy needs in the future.
- Work in collaboration with the academics team to develop the existing facilities in the campus to facilitate experiential learning (live-labs) of the fellows/students.
- Identify, conduct and execute high quality energy research and implementation projects.
- Be able to undertake relevant energy system data collection and analysis.
- Write high quality scientific reports and publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- Assist in identifying relevant funding agencies for the projects.
- Maintain admin and finance related sheets for smooth operation of the department.
- Perform other duties, as needed.
The candidate should :
- Meet the requirements set in the - Ideal Candidate-,
- 2-3 years of experience designing/executing HVAC systems, preferably in Himalayan mountain regions,
- Have keen interest in Transdisciplinary approach to solving energy problems,
- Preferably have some knowledge/experience in energy system data collection and analysis
- Working knowledge of MS Office, particularly good excel skills,
- Be ready for a minimum commitment of 3 years to HIAL,
Note: Special preference for experience in Ladakh or other mountain regions.
What we offer:
By choosing to work with us you get :
- The opportunity to work with talented people working in different fields striving towards the creation of a new education system for higher learning relevant to the current times and bring on-ground impacts in the face of climate change.
- To practice what you preach - a sustainable, community lifestyle.
- A decent monthly remuneration to have a decent lifestyle in Ladakh.
- To meet new, like-minded and energetic people doing very exciting works around the world.
- To face exciting challenges and have Great work satisfaction.
- Exposure with world - renowned experts in different fields.
- Work-related visits around Ladakh.
- Boarding and food facilities at HIAL campus on minimal charge (on-request and on first-come-first-serve basis if available), on sharing basis with a responsibility of community services within campus.
- To do path breaking work at the roof of the world, literally!
Rs 30k - 40k per month based on demonstrated skill (Being an NGO we can't pay much as of now, but the difference between the pay at a metropolitan city and HIAL is your investment in HIAL, and you will grow along with the organisation to new heights).
How to Apply:
Apply by filling up the form