Manager Staffing and Technology Operations at CornerTree Consulting
Views:1009 Applications:137 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Highway Design Engineer - Contractual (3-10 yrs)
We are looking for Highway Design Engineer for one of our multinational Clients.
There are multiple positions. We are looking for experience range between 3-10 years.
Position Type : Contract
- You will be responsible for the production of highway engineering designs and construction drawings independently for various UK schemes using the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and other relevant standards.
- You will be expected to play a proactive part in the design process and to be active on several projects at any given time.
- You will be co-ordinating inputs and outputs with other disciplines to produce an integrated design.
- You will be contributing to all types of projects.
- With an awareness of how your tasks fit in to the overall project you will be accountable and responsible for delivery and to a high standard.
- You will read and adhere to all relevant policies and procedures for Health and Safety including the H&S Policy, H&S Manual, and Local Procedures Manual.
- You will guide and mentor junior team members to broaden and deepen their understanding of a subject or design issue.
Key Competencies / Skills:
- You should be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of and experience of UK highway design including road geometry, pavement, signages, and road markings.
- You will be able to use the relevant design software such as Civil 3D, Open Roads, MX, PDS/Key Line and Sign, AutoCAD and ProjectWise.
- Proficient in use of standard office software
- Confidence to seek clarification of instructions and work scope
- Able to liaise as necessary with the UK project team to deliver the schemes/projects
- You will be quick to pick up new ideas and skills, and be able to think laterally to generate new solutions to problems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Preparation of Development Drainage Strategies
Desired Skills :
- Production of technical specifications and reports
- Management of work packages
- You will have a bachelor's or post-graduate degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent with 3-7 years post-graduate experience in highway design
- Working towards a recognized professional qualification