General Manager - Human Resources at Hines India Real Estate
Views:516 Applications:80 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Hines India Real Estate - Assistant Construction Manager - Project Management (3-5 yrs)
- An Assistant Construction Manager will assist the Construction Manager in the management and coordination of all activities associated with the construction of a base building and/or interior improvements related to projects.
- This position will be based at the Gurgaon,Haryana
- Coordinate and facilitate general construction activities
- Monitor and review contractors' work as it relates to budget, schedule and owner's program
- Prepare regular progress reports that include aspects like schedule-update, budget-update, site risks, and change orders.
- Ensure contractor's compliance with the construction safety guidelines and take appropriate action in case of substandard work and delays.
- Direct the activities of architects/engineers
- Prepare construction updates for the development group and/or ownership
- Act as a liaison for contractors and the design team. Coordinate the flow of information between contractors, consultants and owner,
- Control project documentation and historical data regarding construction
- Assist Owner and/or tenants in space planning, budget preparation, material selection, cost estimating, construction contracts and cost monitoring
- Assume site responsibility in the absence of the Construction Manager,
- Review contractor application for payments. Make recommendations to Construction Manager.
Required Skills and Qualifications :
- Fluency in English
- Demonstrate understanding and successful application of general construction terminology and processes
- Read and interpret construction related manuals, research/instructional reports, safety rules, and methods and procedures in mechanical drawing and layout work.
- Read and interpret detailed construction drawings and specifications and communicate findings with team
- Negotiate and interpret the intent of contract documents and mediate disputes as needed
- Analyze and interpret various types of data in order to draw conclusions and solve problems
- Maintain a calm demeanor in emergencies
- Speak before an audience with confidence, using appropriate communication skills/style
- Demonstrate strong initiative
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working atmosphere among staff and contractors
- Exchange ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions
- Perform numerical and financial calculations including calculating surfaces, volumes, weights and measures
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office software
Required Educational Qualifications : Bachelors degree, preferably in construction science, engineering or related field
Required Experience :
- 3 years of verifiable construction (on site) experience in a similar position on relevant projects.
- We seek to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors