Executive at Husk Power Systems
Views:134 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Husk Power Systems - Senior Manager - Procurement (8-10 yrs)
About HUSK :
Husk is the world's leading community solar mini-grid company, operating the largest, lowest-cost fleet across two continents Asia and Africa. We offer a range of clean energy services, including power and appliance sales, rooftop solar installation for rural commercial & industrial (C&I) customers, agro-processing hubs, EV leasing, clean drinking water and much more. We serve households, businesses, farmers, health clinics, schools, women and youth entrepreneurs, entirely from renewable energy - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Position Objective :
As a part of a fast growing business, the Procurement Manager will drive strategy and profitability in the appliances and electronics spend categories. The Procurement Manager for ecommerce business will be building and driving relationship and lead purchase from a variety of OEMs and other suppliers. The person will manage demand, product portfolio, costs, quality and Husk's delivery capacity.
Job Description :
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to optimize costs, build supplier relationships, and ensure timely availability of goods and services.
- Identify, evaluate, and select suppliers based on quality, price, delivery capabilities, and overall performance.
- Negotiate and manage contracts and agreements with suppliers to secure favorable terms and conditions.
- Monitor inventory levels, track market trends, and collaborate with internal stakeholders to forecast procurement needs.
- Streamline procurement processes, including requisitioning, purchase orders, and supplier performance evaluations.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, legal requirements, and ethical standards in all procurement activities.
- Conduct regular supplier audits and performance reviews to drive continuous improvement and mitigate risks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as finance, operations, and quality assurance, to optimize procurement outcomes.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and market trends to identify opportunities for process improvements and cost savings.
- Maintain strong relationships with suppliers, fostering strategic partnerships and exploring opportunities for innovation and value creation.
- 8+ years of procurement experience, preferably in the consumer durables and white goods segments.
- Preferred experience in high growth tech start-up, preferably focused on Tier-2 markets with procurement or category management as a primary function.
- Very strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, and recommendations, and drive actions.
- Strength in problem-solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.