Senior Talent Acquisition at MNR Solutions
Views:143 Applications:9 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Import/Export Specialist (15-20 yrs)
Senior Manager - Logistics is responsible for strategically managing International logistics for our company. All information is to be saved to company database.
The following functions are required:
- Preparing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP- s) to facilitate smooth functioning of shipping operations, ensuring conformance to Service Level Agreements.
- Managing export / import shipments by various mode, till the destination.
- Managing cost reduction activities by negotiating with Shipping Liners, CHA, Port Authorities and Transporters for reducing freight, detention & transportation rates
- Utilization of various duty scrip's for import clearance to achieve cost impact to the company.
- Responsible for effective risk management to sustain lead time on customs clearance during crises to build competitiveness.
- Devising efficient logistics management system to ensure delivery of the goods / shipments as per committed timelines and cost.
- Management reporting (MIS) on transaction cost/ logistics cost etc. with a view to appraise top management also to stakeholders of the routine.
1. Import & Export Operations
2. Shipment Planning & Logistics
3. Data Analysis/MIS Reporting
4. Documents & Custom Clearance
5. FTA Management
Supervise team on the work assigned. Responsible for their output. Support the team and resolve bottlenecks when they are stuck. Evaluation of the Team's overall performance.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, salaried position. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. however, this position is responsible for communicating with our worldwide team and as such, frequently must perform duties outside traditional office hours, including daily meetings.
Travel based on urgent requirements.
Required Education and Experience
1. Diversified knowledge in international logistics.
2. Preferably from manufacturing industry.
3. Supply chain management
4. Experience working with Chinese freight forwarders.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Degree in Engineering / Master's in supply chain/Logistics
2. Minimum 15 years of experience in International Logistics.
3. Experience in handling a team for at least 5 years.
Note - Must have Import & Export shipping experience from China to US is highly preferred