CEO at SS Consultants & Services
Views:537 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Insulation Supervisor - Oil Refining/Petrochemical Industry (12-14 yrs)
Supervisor (Insulation) for Qatar
Primary purpose of the job :
- Directs co-ordinates and monitor the work of his insulation crew on all insulation activities. To ensure all hot and cold Insulation works required for the LNG Trains and associated facilities are performed safely, to prescribed standards of quality and at the most economic cost.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Reports to Insulation Site Superintendent/Maintenance Support Services Supervisor
- Works according to established procedures, policies and approved programs. Within these parameters, exercises latitude in planning and completed work according to required standards.
- Work is subject to follow-up and review by Insulation Site Superintendent /Maintenance Services Engineer/ Supervisor depending upon the circumstances.
- Co-ordinates and monitors the activities of his Insulation Foremen/Charge hand. Performs Quality Assurance/Control to a standard established by COMPANY.
- Co-ordinates the daily running of hot and cold insulation works of his insulation crew . Includes planning and scheduling routine work, responding to emergency work, obtains permits for vehicle entry, cold work, man entry, obtaining materials, approves Material Requisitions, etc.
- Ensures that the standard and quality of work executed by his team (Insulation) including cladding, foam injection, sheet metal work, housekeeping etc., are carried out at minimum cost and that substandard/ rejected workmanship is not costed to COMPANY Account. See (d) below.
- Submits written reports (daily, monthly and at end of contract) on quality of contractor's services to ensure correct allocation of labor/materials costs (whether to COMPANY account or back- charged to CONTRACTOR in the case of substandard work). End of contract report will be used when contract renewal is being considered. Quality of workmanship, Safety performance and productivity will all feature in these reports.
- Submits a daily report on his Insulation jobs in progress and the category and number of worker allocated to each job, so that compliance with Term Maintenance Contract can be verified.
- Participates in the development of job safety analysis, tool box talks related to insulation jobs
- Organizes and directs the safe and efficient maintenance of plant and mobile equipment (used for hot and cold insulation work) in accordance with the agreed maintenance and safety procedures. Prepares written reports on the condition of the plant.
- Performs other related of similar duties, such as preparing his crew time sheets, store's stock requisition, incident reports, special technical reports etc. In line with COMPANY requirements and Management directives, undertakes planned general Inspection and conducts - Tool Box- meetings. Initiates and monitors follow-up actions arising from both.
- Provides work direction to Insulation Foremen/Charge hand. Also constantly supervises his insulation crew on all kinds of insulation jobs
- Moderate, involving walking, standing and lifting 50% of the working time.
Experience, Knowledge and skills :
- Secondary Technical Certificate (12 years education) or equivalent or Diploma. Basic Education.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Interpersonal skill and ability to work in a team environment.
- Good working knowledge of computer system and software such as MS Word, MS Excel,.etc.
Relevant Work Experience:
- Minimum 8 years experience in hot and cold Insulation work in the Oil Refining or Petrochemical Industry, including at least 3 years supervisory experience.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.