Interior Designer - Commercial Fit-Out Projects (7-10 yrs)
Interior designer - commercial fit-out projects
- Shall be part of design studio designing Corporate / Workplace Interior projects.
- Working closely with the design team, will be responsible for developing design concepts for corporate interior projects and leading client presentations/pitches as well as design management and coordination for projects.
- Architect-Designer with a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Have relevant experience of working on Corporate Interiors/Workplace design projects & managing a team Design ability.
- Lead Interior designers need to use their sense of style, to develop designs that look great and are aesthetically pleasing.
- Develops design concepts and produces Layouts based on client needs.
- Meets with clients to program the project requirements.
- Takes accurate as-built measurements for developing floor plans and elevations.
- Create design concepts and digital presentations with finish selections, furnishings, and fixtures.
- Presents design concepts and takes detailed notes to address customer requests.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Lead Interior designers must address challenges, such as construction delays and the high cost or sudden unavailability of selected materials, while keeping the project on time and within budget.
- Familiarity with all phases of projects, potential issues, and proven history to produce projects
- Knowledge of industry construction costs and material costs
- Basic ability to prepare furniture cost estimates
- Creative eye for detail in preparation of design presentation materials
- Lead Interior designers need to be imaginative in selecting furnishings and fabrics and in creating spaces that serve the client's needs and fit the client's lifestyle.
- Creativity and imagination
- An eye for design, including color, and good 3D awareness
- The ability to visualize concepts and explain them to others
- Good drawing and IT skills
- An interest in changing trends in design.
Detail oriented :
- Designers need to be precise in measuring interior spaces and making drawings, so that furniture and furnishings will fit correctly and create the appropriate environment.
- Working to a brief, which details what the space will be used for
- Inspecting and surveying buildings
- Researching and drawing up rough plans
- Developing detailed designs and choosing materials
- Supervising the work as it is carried out.
- Interior designers need a strong sense of proportion and visual awareness, to understand how pieces of a design will fit together to create the intended interior environment.
- Outline client design objectives.
- Conceptualize and sketch design plans.
- Determine cost of completion and project requirements in the budgeting phase.
- Set a timeline for the completion of an interior design project.
- Source materials and products included in plans.
- Create 'mood boards' to sample your design vision.
- Inspect design after completion to determine whether client goals have been met.
Interpersonal skills :
- Lead Interior designers need to be able to communicate effectively with clients and others.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and self- starter
- Programming abilities to extract information and produce reports
- Collaborate with the cross functional Team and get the work done