JB Poindexter - Manager - Engineering/Automotive Designs (12-15 yrs)
- JB Poindexter (India) Private Limited is a subsidiary of J.B. Poindexter & Co., Inc. a privately held diversified manufacturing company forecasting $2.4B in annual revenue and 8,000 team members in 2024. The eight operating subsidiaries, covering over 50 locations, are engaged in the production of commercial truck bodies, step-vans, utility trucks, funeral coaches, limousines, pickup truck bed enclosures, precision machining, and expandable foam plastic packaging. For more information, visit www.jbpco.com
- As an Engineering Manager, you will play a key role in researching and developing innovative products. You will also be responsible for creating project budgets and overseeing their successful execution throughout the year. Collaborating closely with various teams, you will ensure that projects are delivered on schedule and within budget, maintaining a high level of quality and adherence to organizational objectives.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Build, lead, develop, and coach teams of top technical talent.
- Support the Mechanical Engineering team in terms of design and development of Solutions products and components.
- Providing technical and general guidance to engineering teams as required in the areas of Mechanical & Structures Design.
- Forecasts resource needs and makes hiring decisions.
- Coaches, counsels, mentors, and provides developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities.
- Ensures employees are working effectively with all development teams.
- Provides ongoing developmental feedback. Enforces company rules and policies regarding ethical behavior, safety, security, use of company property, time charging, etc.
- Provide periodic updates to senior management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents.
- Must foster an innovative work environment leading to the identification of opportunities for improvements in product, process, quality, and productivity.
- Developing project plans including resource requirements, timelines, improvement targets
- Managing and executing the projects to approved deliverables.
- Plan & manage a pipeline of Projects to meet the company's production & efficiency improvement targets.
- Planning & Execution of Projects to approved Deliverables.
- Create a company-wide culture of Lean Operations.
Team Management Responsibilities :
- Ability to build and manage diverse engineering teams and take up performance Review Meetings with customers directly.
- Responsible for people management, mentoring, set team goals and KPI's.
- Interact with Onsite Stakeholders, Process Owners, and BU's engineering team to understand the project request and finalize the scope of work.
- Delegate tasks and project guidelines.
- Documentation of engineering team tasks, activities, and performance.
- Coach the team members in enhancing their technical capabilities and increasing productivity.
- Track, prioritize and plan assigned tasks and escalate for revisiting the timelines in case of complex work requests.
- Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly and Yearly Reviews with BU- S and Internal Management on overall performance of the team members.
- Mechanical Engineering degree with 12-15 years of experience with a strong background in New Product Development in the Truck and Body Manufacturing industry.
- Minimum 5-7 Years of team or people management skills required.
- 5 Years of full cycle project management experience required.
- Experience in the FEA is a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of Sheet Metal, Fabrication, Plastics, and FRP products.
- Expert in SolidWorks tool is a plus.
- Strong program management, process management, technology & strategy management skills experienced technical manager of development engineering.
- Excellent executive communication and leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate diverse groups, help negotiate priorities, and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to work in a highly matrix environment and manage constant change and evolution.
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with US business team to drive End to End products and solutions