HR at John Cockerill India Ltd
Views:217 Applications:8 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
John Cockerill - Product Line Manager - Processing Line (10-15 yrs)
John Cockerill, enablers of opportunity :
- Driven since 1817 by the entrepreneurial spirit and thirst for innovation of its founder, the John Cockerill Group develops large-scale technological solutions to meet the needs of our time: facilitating access to non-fossil fuels, enabling sustainable industrial production, preserving natural resources, contributing to greener mobility, enhancing security, and installing essential infrastructures.
- Its offer to businesses, governments and local authorities takes the form of services and associated equipment in the energy, defense, industry, environment, transport, and infrastructure sectors. With more than 6,500 employees, John Cockerill generated sales of - 1.046 billion in 2022 in 24 countries on 5 continents.
Context of Need
- Because industry aspires to benefit from the latest technological advances without altering life on the planet, John Cockerill is committed to making production tools and infrastructures more efficient, resource-saving and environmentally friendly. The John Cockerill Metals offer covers :
- Equipment and services for the treatment of steel and non-ferrous metals related to pickling, acid regeneration, cold rolling, finishing lines (galvanizing, annealing and coating lines,- ), and automation.
- Heat treatment furnaces for the casting and forging industries.
- In order to reinforce our Industry sector, John Cockerill is looking for a Product Line Manager- Processing Line for its development activity in galvanizing lines by the subsidiary Metals.
Nature and scope of the mission :
- The Product Line Manager for Processing Line at John Cockerill is at the forefront of coordinating and managing the complete lifecycle of pre-project proposals. He is responsible for preparing comprehensive technical proposals, handling associated bids, and ensuring the successful negotiation of technical contracts.
- His expertise is pivotal in securing customer satisfaction while aligning commercial objectives with technical specifics.
- In this role, he is also a technical expert with a significant impact on the entire manufacturing process, including execution, making him a crucial guarantor of technology, innovation, and ultimate customer satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities :
The Product Line Manager Processing Line carries out the following expected tasks :
- Analyze technical specifications in tenders to define equipment and service requirements, considering performance, capacity, power, specific needs, environmental conditions, and location.
- Coordinate and calculate bill of materials, quantities, general arrangement drawings, and process diagrams to establish cost prices.
- Sizing and calculations of equipment and systems to ensure accurate performance specifications.
- Attend and validate design reviews during both proposal and design stages, providing technical expertise and approval.
- Guarantor of the technology in the Product Line, ensuring that engineering and operations adhere to standardization and guidelines for competitive and reliable solutions.
- Provide support in commissioning new lines and promote the use of best available technologies.
- Conduct trainings, knowledge sharing sessions, and workshops to enhance the expertise of team members and internal stakeholders.
- Generate and promote a portfolio of innovation projects to drive continuous improvement and stay ahead of industry advancements.
- The ideal candidate for the PLM Processing Line position will possess the following qualities and skills :
- Engineering degree with deep knowledge of equipment and processes in the Product Line.
- 10 to 15 years experience in line galvanization, production, process control, or product development in a similar function.
- Strong expertise in thermal, mechanical, and fluid systems, particularly in processing lines in steel industry (for carbon steels) : CAL, HDG, CCL,-
- Good knowledges in metallurgy, advanced steels (HSS) and dedicated heat cycles, heating and cooling technologies, regarding HDG and CAL lines dedicated to automotive appliances.
- Familiarity with MS Office and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in French and English (additional languages are a plus).
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the role, showing dedication and passion in delivering outstanding results.
- Leadership skills, inspiring and guiding teams towards success.
- Assertive communication style, with a natural ease in conveying ideas and ability to convince.
- Structured, rigorous, and methodical approach to problem-solving and decision-making.
- Deep respect for deadlines and commitments, consistently delivering on promises.
- Exceptional prioritization skills, effectively managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Resilient and able to thrive in high-pressure environments, managing stress effectively.
- Ability and credibility to represent John Cockerill and the Metals division.
- Willingness to travel internationally (10-25% of time) to meet clients and represent the company.
- John Cockerill offers you career and development opportunities within its various sectors in a friendly working environment.
- Would you like to work for an innovative company where you can meet technical challenges daily?
- We look forward to receiving your application and meeting you. Find out more about our opportunities at www.johncockerill.com