Managing Director at 360 Degrees Business Solutions
Views:939 Applications:54 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Lab Analyst - STP Operations (4-10 yrs)
Job Title : Laboratory Analyst.
Location : Pune, India
Reporting Manager : Laboratory Manager
Division : Commercial Products Supply (CPS) India
Job Summary :
Key roles and responsibilities of this position :
1. Provides analytical support to operating unit which mainly includes working in chemical lab as well as in waste water treatment plant (ETP/STP) for water analysis, chemical analysis & Microbiology analysis using internal/external valid & official test methods and international literatures.
2. Ensures all the analytical testing programs are executed in accordance with Company and ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
3. Effective implementation of quality control procedures to ensure products and manufacturing processes are in compliance with Company policies, procedures, practices and standards.
Key Duties/Responsibilities :
Quality Execution- 60%
1. Test and analyse ingredients, intermediates and finished products to ensure compliance with the Company specifications.
2. Perform organoleptic tests & Sensory evaluations of Ingredients and Finshed product beverage bases.
3. Analysis of Ingredients and Finished products using a range of modern techniques like high performance liquid chromatography and spectroscopy.
4. Waste water (ETP/STP) sampling and analysis of consent parameters on daily basis. Managing chemical inventory, instrument calibration and analytical data for audit purpose. Also analyse waste water data to indicate improvement opportunities.
5. Knowledge of Basic ETP and STP operations and expected to know linkages form effluent generation till end processing.
6. Responsible to making sure that data is accurately recorded and reported in accordance to company guidelines.
7. Conduct capability a study for testing equipment's & laboratory processes in accordance with
Company as well as ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
8. Ensure Calibration & preventive maintenance of laboratory instruments is carried out as per schedule and complies with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025.
9. Participation in internal/external proficiency testing programs in accordance with ISO17025.
10. Identify, classify, and maintain documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements.
11. Conduct Periodic review of laboratory equipment- s, lab processes to ensure operational fitness in accordance with Company and ISO/IEC requirements.
12. Prepare sampling and testing plan for ingredients, intermediate, finished products, or other materials
in order to perform analyses (e.g., chemical, physical, sensory).
13. Provide support to other parts of the laboratory as required.
14. Management system knowledge of ISO 14001 & ISO 9001, ISO 17025.
15. Knowledge of Process control and SPC.
16. Water treatment basic operations and water testing.
Quality Assurance - 40% :
1. Ensure products are manufactured as per Company guidelines. Compliance of manufacturing processes with the Company's quality and food safety requirements.
2. Maintaining ETP/STP/WTP records, conducting trend analysis, graphical representation of results, and communicating the necessary data and record retention in accordance with Company policy and Legal requirements (MPCB Consent).
3. Ensure compliance to quality, food safety and Environmental, safety & Loss Prevention program requirements when conducting analytical/microbiology work and discarding materials (reagents, samples, etc.) to minimize any risks identified.
4. Maintaining appropriate records, communicating the necessary data and record retention in accordance with Company policy and requirements of ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 22000 and PAS 220,ISO 14001 and KORE.
5. Implement GLP requirements and Laboratory Safety programs.
6. Implement formal corrective actions to avoid issues recurrence. Participate in root cause analysis sessions to solve non-conformances.
7. Perform data audits in order to ensure accuracy of data and analytical processes which may include database queries, statistical process control, correlation studies, notebook review, and/or traceability exercises
8. Participate in the laboratory quality system activities such as internal audits, writing standard operating procedures, and documentation review
9. Record data from analyses or experiments in a computer, log book, or laboratory notebook
Organization Impact/Influence :
This position works with Laboratory Manager and QA Manager and provides support for testing and release of ingredients and finished products and to comply the Laboratory operation requirements as per TCCC and ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation requirements. The job scope will also involve the interactions with internal and external stake holders as below.
Internal interactions :
- Leadership team, all QA, Manufacturing and warehouse staff to communicate the decisions related to Quality matters, Material disposition and reporting.
- Process control and manufacturing team on initiatives to create and achieve Zero defect product quality mind-set.
- Involve with Laboratory and Quality team to conduct Analytical test method validation and implementation of quality control test procedures.
- Warehouse and logistics team on incoming ingredient and packaging material identification and disposition activities
- Close interaction with ETP/STP technicians
External interactions :
- Others global CPS Lab community to provide and receive analytical testing support, sharing and implementing of best practises as per company requirements.
- IQD/APTC/EASC and third party laboratories to coordinate for testing and release.
- Supplier and vendors: Calibration & Maintenance and Third party service support.
- Clearly explains testing methods and analytical results with trends and corrective actions
Supervisory Responsibilities :
1. Coordinate with admin and plant associates to monitor and implement GLP and GMP activities.
2. Coordinate and Supervise Visitor /contractor activities related activities to ensure compliance as per
Related Job Requirements/Qualifications :
1. Minimum 4-5 years in Quality control /Laboratory in Food / health care or Pharma company as Analyst or similar positions. Also knowledge of consent parameters and waste water analysis.
2. Knowledge of environmental analysis and legal requirements of CPCB/ MPCB, etc.
3. Good Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis. Knowledge of using advanced analytical instruments, trouble shooting and data interpretation.
4. Through knowledge of Microbiology testing of Treated water, raw water, Commercial sterility of Finished products & Testing of pulp and fruit Juices.
5. Must be proficient and capable to handle and lead problem solving of issues related to microbiological contaminations and testing.
6. Knowledge chemistry to understand composition, structure and properties of ingredients and finished products.
7. Exposure on principles and techniques of basic food science and their application to the beverage industry.
8. Should have experience in analytical processes using instruments such as GC, LC, IC, AA, FTNIR, Particle size analysis, PCR & Rapid microbiology.
9. Should be familiar with accreditation and certification programs such as ISO17025, 9001, FSSC 22000.
10. Good Knowledge of laboratory information management system, SAP functionalities including quality module.
11. Conduct review of scientific or other literature and able to apply develop and implement new analytical test methods.
12. Systematic thinking and problem solving ability.
Educational Requirements :
- M. Sc. Microbiology/Biochemistry/ Analytical Chemistry deg.in food science or equivalent.
- Diploma course on environmental analysis will be added advantage
- Language : Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good IT and presentation skills- Microsoft Excel, Power point and Word.
Cultural Diversity :
- Able to interact in English internally and externally. Local language knowledge is an advantage
Judgment and Decision Making :
- Key decision maker in determining whether actions are necessary to address quality issues identified as part of analytical monitoring program.
Working Conditions :
- Laboratory environment. Use of chemicals and standards under good laboratory practices, Microbiology testing as per microbiology standard requirement & GLP norms.
- Highly unlikely, it is possible that, this position is subject to hazards and risks associated with normal chemical testing laboratory such as noise, heat stress and hazardous chemical / ingredient exposure conditions.
Travel Requirements :
- This position will be primarily based at Pune, India with minimum travelling (maximum 5% of work time under normal conditions). Trips include occasional visits or training at other concentrate plants, bottling operations and training centres.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.