Talent Acquisition Specialist at LAPP India
Views:139 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
LAPP India - Senior Manager - Cable Design & Compound Development (14-16 yrs)
POSITION SUMMARY :
- This position will be in charge of cable design activity and the introduction of new products through technology and innovation management.
- This position will also be responsible to develop and deliver new and/or improved PVC and polyolefin products, to solve problems and improve product performance and quality. This position benefits the Company by carrying out major R&D projects to develop value-added products and to reduce costs by process and formulation optimization resulting in ultimately in a profitable and competitive position for our Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the cable design process and submitting technical information to customers and cost information to product management.
- Carry out R&D projects regarding new technologies in catalysis, polymer chemistry, polymer processing techniques, and additive formulations to develop value-added new PVC, polyolefin products, and applications, enhance product performance, and reduce the operation cost.
- Team up with operation units, technical service, purchase, quality, and other related functions to scale-up and commercialize new technologies, products, and applications.
- Develop/implement new experimental methods and provide technical training to technicians.
- Support product-related regulatory compliance.
- Conduct research and provide technical solutions regarding composition, formulation, process parameters, process, and other technologies.
- Investigate the root cause of product-related customer complaints and provide technical solutions.
- To work closely with production in setting the process parameters for compounds used.
- Liaise with group companies on developmental activities
- Evaluate raw material vendors in line with corporative directives
- Liaise with a technical advisor in setting up of compounding plant and stabilization of process parameters.
- To work on evaluating the operational performance of each compound (speed, quality, cost) and contribute to the smart factory project -phase 1 of process digitalization
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and fair knowledge of polymers or closely related field.
- At least 15 years of cable design experience and knowledge of in PVC / polyolefins with experience conducting research in a laboratory setting.
- Knowledge of process parameters of cable compounds and machinery.
- Familiarity with manufacturing parameters and polymer structure/property relationships.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data from commercial plant operations.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to work in a rapid-paced changing environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional teamwork, behave professionally, and treat others with respect and dignity.
- Must have the ability to work outside the regular schedule as required.
- Knowledge of Cable Design (Optional)
- Knowledge of cable application, standards
- Knowledge of standards and its requirements
- Knowledge of technical evaluation of vendors
- Adaptability and decisiveness
- Interpersonal skills
Work Location: Jigani Plant, Bangalore