CEO at KS World Ventures
Views:134 Applications:5 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Lead - Automotive Body Engineer (10-12 yrs)
Lead Automotive Body Engineer
Job Description :
- You'll be joining a world-class team of engineers on challenging projects, collaborating with international partners and suppliers.
- You'll connect with global experts in fields such as safety, ergonomics, durability, quality, manufacturing, and assembly.
- You'll support projects such as driver automation, emissions reduction, and drivetrain electrification - for a greener, sustainable future.
- The Cab Body group is a team of engineers, responsible for the truck cab body (Body in White), doors, door locks, latches, hinges and handles, door seals, door drop glass, roofs, windshields, windows and ventilation.
- The Cab Body of the truck is the structural shell, housing the driver and passenger in their driving and living environments.
- This position is for a Senior Automotive Body Engineer to design and develop components and systems.
- You'll be product owner of one of the cab body areas, where you will lead cross-functional teams to design the parts.
- You'll take those components from studio visions through to production.
- You'll perform a wide range of tasks including idea conception, Design Studio styling support and component design in CAD.
- You'll review and respond to simulations of endurance, crash safety, aerodynamics, NVH, tolerance analysis, panel forming and assembly.
- You'll support prototype builds, product testing and production launch - resolving issues along the way to yield a product that's ready for market.
- A heavy emphasis is placed on the candidate's energy, determination, creativity, technical analysis and communication.
- Product Owner of a designated functional area within Cab Body
- The design of components and systems within your designated area.
- Assure compliance with applicable vehicle regulations relating to your area of ownership.
- Meet key project targets such as making engineering releases on-time, within cost, weight and quality targets.
- Meet all the product features of the project descriptions, such as strength, durability, water tightness, aerodynamics, corrosion protection, and quality.
Education and Experience :
- Minimum Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- 10+Years of experience required, preferably be related to transportation design and engineering, particularly truck/Bus or Truck Chassis, Body, Electrical and Styling BiW design.
Professional Skills :
- Preferable to have experience in CAD modelling.
Professional Competencies :
- Decision quality
- Action orientated
- Communicates and collaborates effectively
- Plans and aligns
- Drives results